The Student Room Group

Neat Google search trick: search by image

There's a neat little thing called Google Search by Image. Forgot the name of a movie but you have an image of a scene of it? Forgot the name of an artist? Just do a search based on the image itself!

Here's how:
Go to Google Image Search:
https://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en&gws_rd=ssl

1. Click on the little photograph icon
2. You now have two options: either paste in the link of the image you want to do a search on, or upload an image

This is useful for a few things:

- to find out if someone in an online chat is a catfish (someone who uses girls' Instagram pictures to pretend to be a hot girl, to lure people); believe me, there are a lot of those out there lately. Depending on the chat website, all you do is figure out the link behind the public profile picture (usually right click context menu on PC) and use that link in Google Search by Image.
If the guy's a catfish, the image you searched for will yield tons of pictures of that girl's Instagram profile.
If not a catfish, then you will just get varied results.

- to find out the name behind an image. I've used this one recently: someone posted a picture of a gaming computer in a thread and I forgot what its brand name was. So, I just copied the picture's link and did a search with it and found the correct name of it!
Likewise, this can also be used to find out what movie a particular screenshot belongs to. Quite useful!

All right, have fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending