Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I haven't seen a thread for offer holders and have been waiting for someone to create one but no luck. So I thought I would go ahead and create it.

If you've got an offer congratulations!!! You're almost there!!!

How did you feel your interview went?
    If you do have an offer will it it be your firm choice?

Let's get to know each other

ReputationRep:
    hey man, not sure if i will firm anywhere yet but the uni is really great. I like the friendly staff/students, the diversity and just the general vibe. They were really welcoming on the interview day. The facilities they have is probably the best I've seen from the medical schools I've visited. You should probably link this thread to the medicine thread so people could see it!

have u got an offer email from them yet btw?

ReputationRep:
    I got the offer earlier today. Leicester isn’t my top choice at the moment but is the only university to have given me a decision so far. Just wondering what things attract you to Leicester? Well done as well on the offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan Milik)
    I got the offer earlier today. Leicester isn’t my top choice at the moment but is the only university to have given me a decision so far. Just wondering what things attract you to Leicester? Well done as well on the offers
    congrats on the offer too! I've said my points of what I like about it above. Might go to the offer holders day to help my decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverGrowUp.)
    hey man, not sure if i will firm anywhere yet but the uni is really great. I like the friendly staff/students, the diversity and just the general vibe. They were really welcoming on the interview day. The facilities they have is probably the best I've seen from the medical schools I've visited. You should probably link this thread to the medicine thread so people could see it!

have u got an offer email from them yet btw?
    I agree the facilities are amazing from what I saw and I just generally liked the atmosphere.
    I haven't got an email from Leicester yet, just the UCAS one.
    I agree with all your points which is why I'm 90% sure Leicester will be my firm.

Good luck deciding!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to you too!

So one of the main things for me was the course structure. When applying I was torn between a PBL type course and lecture-based course. Leicester offers lectures alongside some group work which sounds perfect for me. Location was also a fairly significant factor (not too close to home but not too far :P).

Also as mentioned, the facilities are great!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, got an unconditional offer myself on 5th Feb (had interview on 5th Jan, graduate applicant), still trying to decide on what uni to choose from (still waiting on decisions from Glasgow and Aberdeen, have decided against Aberdeen as it was my last choice). Just thought I'd join in this thread to see what you guys have to say to help me come to a decision
    And congrats guys!

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone, I got an offer on the 5th Feb I think it will be my first choice unless I get an offer from birmingham. I really liked the uni, I think it was one of the friendliest interviews even though I thought it went badly haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonnie_x)
    hey everyone, I got an offer on the 5th Feb I think it will be my first choice unless I get an offer from birmingham. I really liked the uni, I think it was one of the friendliest interviews even though I thought it went badly haha.
    That seems to be the mutual feeling

ReputationRep:
    This may seem like a silly question but I’m under the impression that electives (whether uk or abroad) are an important part of the medical curriculum. However on the leicester webpage they barely mention it as oppose to birmingham who seem to advertise it on the course details. So do leicester still do electives but just put less emphasis on it?
    Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    This may seem like a silly question but I’m under the impression that electives (whether uk or abroad) are an important part of the medical curriculum. However on the leicester webpage they barely mention it as oppose to birmingham who seem to advertise it on the course details. So do leicester still do electives but just put less emphasis on it?
    Thanks for the help
    They definitely do electives. But I agree it's not really mentioned a huge amount.

Page 12 ->
    https://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/intern...UGMedicine.pdf

https://www2.le.ac.uk/institution/go...ical-electives
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks for the help
    Yes they do one, currently six weeks although I’m not sure how long it will be under the new curriculum though. It really isn’t anything to base a decision about which medical school on. All medical schools essentially offer an elective period but it’s always upto you to organise it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    Yes they do one, currently six weeks although I’m not sure how long it will be under the new curriculum though. It really isn’t anything to base a decision about which medical school on. All medical schools essentially offer an elective period but it’s always upto you to organise it.
    I know I was just trying to get some more info on it as there is very little online

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer a few weeks ago , waited ages for someone to make this😂
    Thinking on firming Leicester due to the course structure and generally liked the med school.
    Awaiting a reply from Birmingham after my interview.

ReputationRep:
    When do we have to do Occupational Health?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaHeritage)
    When do we have to do Occupational Health?
    Not until we start the course, fairly sure most unis say you don't need to do the occupational health stuff and vaccinations in advance because they just arrange it for you over the course of first year. I may be wrong though, if anyone knows better

ReputationRep:
    Received both offer email + pack in the post today so it seems they arrive around a week after the Track update.

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer 2 days ago. Will probably be my insurance with manchester as firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zx12r1)
    Received an offer 2 days ago. Will probably be my insurance with manchester as firm.
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Where else did everyone apply? and has anyone received any further offers?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.