Art GCSE Watch

TaliyahSR
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I’m currently in year 10, in the next 3 weeks I should be starting my final piece. We had themes to pick from and I chose food. I know what I want to do for my final piece already. However I am really unhappy with my current sketchbook. We weren’t really told what’s best to do so mines has bad layout and and choices etc. i know this sounds mad, but I want to redo it (I don’t know why considering how long it took me.) I wanted to change up what I did as it looks awful. I’m not sure if I can though.

I was wondering if I did redo it, if I could get it remarked after I finish it as if I did redo it, I can’t finish it all in less than 2 weeks. So could I redo it over summer break or something and then get it remarked?
I’m also wondering how much year 10 counts towards the final mark you get. Is it worth redoing if my future work can boost the level if it’s better? I am predicted now level 7/8 (from uk)

I’m not one of those massively busy people. I have too much free time and I am dedicated.

Is it worth redoing? How much will it effect my final grade at the end of year 11?
Propinquity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
all your art books/artwork from the start of your GCSEs course (year 9 to year 11) can go into your portfolio which makes up 60% of your final grade. from experience I would certainly advise putting as much effort and work into your year 10 work as you can - if you want a good grade. I spent the first Half of year 11 frantically redoing most my work from year 10 and it caused major stress and I still did not manage to get it done. in terms of marking, in my School all our work that was submitted started to be marked after Christmas holidays (which was when we started our exam which makes up the other 40%) so if your school is similar you have plenty of time.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (329)
92.16%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (28)
7.84%

Watched Threads