The Student Room Group

What is Computing A-level like?

I'm planning on taking Maths and Economics (and possibly Further Maths) for A-level, but I need a third. Essays are definitely not my strong point, and as I'm not interested in taking a science, and I take Computing GCSE right now, I've been considering Comp Sci. The GCSE has been a bit of a ****-show if I'm honest - I've had 4 different teachers and now, with 2 months to go, we are finally making our way through the theory (but we are only third way through). I still am fairly certain I won't completely bomb the exam, expecting around a 6 (a B), though my target's a 8. But if I was to take it next year I would be taking it at another school, so I wanted to know how much work Comp Sci is compared to other A-levels (more or less than Maths, more or less than Economics, more or less than a science), and also if it is a respected a-level? I don't want to take anything too full on as I want to focus on Maths and Economics, so I was wondering how Comp Sci compared.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest