Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm about to fill my Eu students application form for tuition fee loan. I need to send a bunch of documents as evidence to prove the temporary nature of my stay outside EU.

I have read that every piece of evidence must be certified by a person of good standing (in Italy, we don't have anything similar, that's why it sounds so unfamiliar and weird to me ahahaha). Is that true? For example, I want to send the copy of my passport visa (I don't want to send the original one, my passport is always with me, like a treasure), should I certify it and by whom? By a single person or more people? It isn't very clear. Do I need to certify every kind of evidence like a scanned copy of a letter (it has been emailed from a school in Peru)? Or is this only a valid procedure for ID evidence?

As I explained before, I also got a letter sent by email from my ex-employer in Peru and other papers that can be helpful to demonstrate my intention to come back to Europe; and it's obviously impossible to obtain original stamps and signatures since they were just scanned.

Another question, I want my fee status to be established in order to get a bursary (PGCE NCTL bursary), I am not interested in loans. I have been told that it's my university that would class me as a home or international student. So my question is: should I send all these documents of evidence to Student Finance Services or to my university? I am still living in Italy, so I will save useful time and money knowing such details. Seems soooo complicated...any advice would be appreciated!!! Many Thanksssss

Vera
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Vera88)
    Hi,

I'm about to fill my Eu students application form for tuition fee loan. I need to send a bunch of documents as evidence to prove the temporary nature of my stay outside EU.

I have read that every piece of evidence must be certified by a person of good standing (in Italy, we don't have anything similar, that's why it sounds so unfamiliar and weird to me ahahaha). Is that true? For example, I want to send the copy of my passport visa (I don't want to send the original one, my passport is always with me, like a treasure), should I certify it and by whom? By a single person or more people? It isn't very clear. Do I need to certify every kind of evidence like a scanned copy of a letter (it has been emailed from a school in Peru)? Or is this only a valid procedure for ID evidence?

As I explained before, I also got a letter sent by email from my ex-employer in Peru and other papers that can be helpful to demonstrate my intention to come back to Europe; and it's obviously impossible to obtain original stamps and signatures since they were just scanned.

Another question, I want my fee status to be established in order to get a bursary (PGCE NCTL bursary), I am not interested in loans. I have been told that it's my university that would class me as a home or international student. So my question is: should I send all these documents of evidence to Student Finance Services or to my university? I am still living in Italy, so I will save useful time and money knowing such details. Seems soooo complicated...any advice would be appreciated!!! Many Thanksssss

Vera
    Hi Vera,

Evidence to show that you are an EU national should be your original EU/EEA passport or National ID card, or a certified copy of the original.

A certified copy is a photocopy of the original document which must have been stamped, signed and dated as being a true copy of the original by an official such as: a minister of religion, doctor, lawyer, civil servant, teacher/lecturer or police officer. The stamp etc needs to be on the same side of the submitted document as the copy of the ID. The person certifying the copy must not be a relative and must provide their name, job title, address and contact telephone number.
    Acceptable countersignatures are the same as those which can be accepted with an ADIF form and a list can be found attached to this article.

You should complete EU certified checklist and return with certified evidence http://bit.ly/1VMLjNJ.
    All evidence should be sent to the following address: EU Customer Services TeamStudent Loans CompanyPO Box 89DarlingtonCounty DurhamEngland United KingdomDL1 9AZThanksCatherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi Vera,

Evidence to show that you are an EU national should be your original EU/EEA passport or National ID card, or a certified copy of the original.

A certified copy is a photocopy of the original document which must have been stamped, signed and dated as being a true copy of the original by an official such as: a minister of religion, doctor, lawyer, civil servant, teacher/lecturer or police officer. The stamp etc needs to be on the same side of the submitted document as the copy of the ID. The person certifying the copy must not be a relative and must provide their name, job title, address and contact telephone number.
    Acceptable countersignatures are the same as those which can be accepted with an ADIF form and a list can be found attached to this article.

You should complete EU certified checklist and return with certified evidence http://bit.ly/1VMLjNJ.
    All evidence should be sent to the following address: EU Customer Services TeamStudent Loans CompanyPO Box 89DarlingtonCounty DurhamEngland United KingdomDL1 9AZThanksCatherine
    Hi Catherine,

Thank you so much for your reply.

So the only documents I need to certify are my passport or my Italian ID card. But if I'm sending only few copied pages of my passport, the ones with my work visas on, do they need to be certified as well?

Thank you again

Vera
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Vera88)
    Hi Catherine,

Thank you so much for your reply.

So the only documents I need to certify are my passport or my Italian ID card. But if I'm sending only few copied pages of my passport, the ones with my work visas on, do they need to be certified as well?

Thank you again

Vera
    Hi Vera,

That's correct yes. For ID, it would have to be the original or a certified copy but for the evidence of your temporary break can just be photocopies. So photocopies of the pages with your visas should be fine.

Kind regards,

John.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.