Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    What is this?/I'm confused
    Hi there. If you're confused as to what is going on here then you are probably new to this section of TSR. This is a Model House of Commons, a forum where we emulate the structure of the Real Life House of Commons as an excuse to debate politics.

If you are seeing this and you want to get involved in the debate, please feel free. You do not need to join a party, get approval or join any group to get stuck in right away. If you enjoy it and you do want to join a party then you can do so here. If you have any questions or need any help please message me. I am the current speaker of the house and part of my role involves offering impartial advice to new members so I will always be happy to answer what questions you have. Alternatively, you can read the new members guide to get advice on a wide range of issues.

Note: Please refrain from making comments about how we spend our free time. It is our free time to spend.

Coalition Breakup

Order, Order! I have received notice from the Leader of the TSR National Conservative Party that they have decided to pull their party from the governing coalition. As this leaves a minority government in place I hereby give notice that parliament is dissolved and that party leaders have 7 days to notify me if they intend to form a new coalition in order to govern.

ReputationRep:
    Dissolution of Government.. Not Parliament.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    And thus the prodigal right wing government has fallen ...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Good on mr T 999 for pulling out of this awful government, and bringing it to a swift end!

ReputationRep:
    DayneD89: this title is misleading and suggest a general election has been called, in fact it almost gave me a heart attack seeing it in the update. I would recommend you to change the title to “Coalition Breakup” instead.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Mr Speaker, if the Parliament is dissolved why are items still being put up and a general election not started? I suggest in future you double check what you've written before posting.

ReputationRep:
    Parliament is not dissolved.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker. Can you clarify who is Prime Minister during this time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    Where's Aph when you need him to declare himself Prime Minister with no legitimate claim and ruin the game for everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    Where's Aph when you need him to declare himself Prime Minister with no legitimate claim and ruin the game for everyone?
    :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    Who needs Aph when you have CG and his whipping against those who question him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    Her Most Gracious Majesty The Queen has assumed personal rule!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Let's get a left wing government in!
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JMR2018)
    Let's get a left wing government in!
    It would be interesting if we did get one... given labour’s track record on the last one. But who knows eh

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.