Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    What is this?/I'm confused
    Hi there. If you're confused as to what is going on here then you are probably new to this section of TSR. This is a Model House of Commons, a forum where we emulate the structure of the Real Life House of Commons as an excuse to debate politics.

If you are seeing this and you want to get involved in the debate, please feel free. You do not need to join a party, get approval or join any group to get stuck in right away. If you enjoy it and you do want to join a party then you can do so here. If you have any questions or need any help please message me. I am the current speaker of the house and part of my role involves offering impartial advice to new members so I will always be happy to answer what questions you have. Alternatively, you can read the new members guide to get advice on a wide range of issues.

Note: Please refrain from making comments about how we spend our free time. It is our free time to spend.

B1344 - Empire Bill 2018, Vitiate MP, Seconded by CountBrandenburg (LIBER), Connor27 (IND), Tommy1boy (LIB), mr t 999 (NATCON), TCFactor (LIB)
    A
    BILL
    TO
    Form the Empire and to truly make Great Britain into a global Britain.

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen's Most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:

1: Establishment of the British Empire
    (1) From this point on, and forevermore, the United Kingdom shall be known as the Empire.
    (2) This Empire shall envelope the world, no country is free from Imperial rule.
    (3) Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II shall henceforth be known as Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth.
    (4) The heir presumptive shall be known as the Crown Prince until ascension.
    (5) The Office of Prime Minister shall be transformed into the Office of the Grand Vizier.
    (6) The Cabinet of the United Kingdom shall be transformed into the Imperial Ruling Council.
    (7)The Special Intelligence Service, the Security Service and the Government
    (8) Communications Headquarters shall be combined into one branch of Imperial Intelligence.
    (a) No person of Imperial Intelligence may go on strike.
    (b) Imperial Intelligence has the right and obligation to put every citizen of the Empire under surveillance to ensure that there no traitors within the Empire.
    (9) Tariffs will be abolished in the Empire as long as more than 50% of the population sings Rule Britannia every evening at 6pm.
    (10) Executions are permitted to take place if any citizen is not seen singing enthusiastically.
    (11) There is to be a framed painting or picture of Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth in their houses.
    (a) Failure to hold a framed painting or picture is punishable by death.
    (12) The Commission for the Preservation of the New Order (COMPNOR) shall be set up in order to preserve the Imperial ideology and to further the goals of the Empire.
    (a) COMPNOR shall be made up of the following bodies:
    (i) The Select Committee; and
    (ii) Loyalty Officers; and,
    (iii) The Coalition for Progress; and,
    (iv) COMPFORCE.
    (13) London, from henceforth and forevermore, shall be known as the Imperial Center.
    (14) The Moff Council shall be formed to govern all parts of the Empire in place of the Imperial Senate.
    (a) Each country shall have a Moff preside over it.
    (b) Each continent shall have a Grand Moff over it.
    (i) Grand Moffs shall be appointed only by Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth and report directly to her.
    (15) The Great British Pound shall be renamed to the Imperial Credit ()
    (16) The day that this Act come into force shall be known forevermore as Empire Day.
    (17) Political opposition to the Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth or the Grand Vizier is illegal and punishable by death.
    (19) The palaces of Her Imperial Majesty shall be only temporary residences until the completion of the Imperial Palace at the center of the Imperial Center.

2: The Imperial Throne
    (1) The Imperial Throne is made up of the following persons:
    (a) Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth; and,
    (b) His/Her Excellency, the Grand Vizier; and,
    (c) The Imperial Guard; and,
    (d) The Crown Prince.
    (2) Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth has unlimited power over the Empire and may make or unmake any law that she so desires without the consent of the Imperial Senate.
    (3) Upon the death of the Monarch, the Crown Prince/Princess will assume the throne immediately.

3: Establishment of the Imperial Guard
    (1) The Imperial Guard shall be made up of the following bodies:
    (a) The Imperial Royal Guard; and,
    (b) The Imperial Shadow Guard; and,
    (c) The Imperial Sovereign Protectors.
    (2) Each body’s job is to ensure the protection of Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth.
    (3) The Guardsman shall be kidnapped at birth to be trained throughout their life to ensure complete and unwavering loyalty to Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth.
    (4) The Imperial Guard are immune from all Imperial Law and may kill anyone with permission of Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth

4: Dissolution and Reformation of Parliament
    (1)mThe Houses of Parliament shall be dissolved permanently and sole legislative authority shall be vested in an Imperial Senate.
    (2) Members of the Imperial Senate shall be appointed by the Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth on the advice of the Grand Vizier.
    (3) Laws, motions and must be passed by the Imperial Senate b
    (4) However, laws may be passed by Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth may make or unmake any law that she desires to do so without the consent of the Imperial Senate.

5: The Imperial Military
    (1) The British Armed Forces shall be known as the Imperial Military.
    (a) The Imperial Military shall be made up of the following bodies:
    (i) The Imperial Army; and,
    (ii) The Imperial Navy; and,
    (iii) The Imperial Air Force; and,
    (iv) The Imperial Defence Force.
    (2) Military spending shall account for 20% of the Empire’s gross domestic products which shall be levied from the outer fringes of the Empire.
    (3) TRIDENT shall be expanded to not just include defensive weapons but also offensive weapons.

6: The World
    (1) The World shall submit to Imperial rule unconditionally or shall be subject to the might of the Imperial Military.
    (a) Any resistance shall be subject to harsh and quick punishment.

7: Civil Liberties
    (1) All civil liberties are suspended and all citizens are alive by the grace of Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth.
    (a) In the event of the this Act being repealed, the Imperial Military shall be instructed by the reigning Monarch to destroy the entire world by use of TRIDENT.

8: The Imperial Healthcare Service
    (1) All healthcare shall be privately provided except in times of emergency which is to be determined by the Imperial Healthcare Service in which healthcare will be provided by the state.

9: Imperial Education Service
    (1) The education of the Empire’s children shall be the responsibility of the Imperial Education Service
    (2) Children of the Empire must be taught to embody the Imperial values of loyalty to the Empress, the Empire and the advancement of the goals of the Empire.

10: Repercussions of Opposition
    (1) Any Member of Parliament that refuses to vote in favour of this Act shall be placed on a (a) Imperial prison barge for an indefinite amount of time for purposes of advanced interrogation.

11: Forced Labour and Capital Punishment
    (1) Forced Labour will be a valid sentence for any person convicted of committing an offence within the Empire.
    (2) The Judge must say that the defendant will be convicted to a certain of amount of years of forced slave labour.
    (3) Prisoners currently imprisoned at the time of the this Act coming into force may be chosen for forced slave labour.
    (4) Capital punishment will be a valid sentence for any person convicted of committing an offence within the Empire.

11: Commencement, Extent and Short Title
    (1) This Act shall come into force upon Royal Assent.
    (2) This Act shall extend to the the entire World.
    (3) This Act shall be known as the British Empire (Reformation) Bill 2018.

ReputationRep:
    10000000% aye
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    Aye to the power of infinity. God bless her Imperial Majesty
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Of course there is no way I can support this bill due to the violations of the rule of law, the suspension of civil liberties, etc. Nevertheless, it made fun reading.

ReputationRep:
    This bill brings a tear to my eye. God bless her Imperial Majesty!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    Make it a soviet people's republic and you'll have an aye.

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)

Go away you filthy republican. The Soviets will never rise again

ReputationRep:
    A
    y
    e

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)

Disgusting!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Rule Britannia!

ReputationRep:
    DEUS VUL-

I mean aye.

ReputationRep:
    We shall rule the seas, we shall rule the skies, we shall rule the ground, and we shall rule the world! Behold the glorious nation of the world! Rule viva Britannia!

ReputationRep:
    Why is there a comma (",") between the form of address ("Her Imperial Majesty") and the title ("Empress")?

That's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I'm unsure whether to laugh or cry at this bill.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Why is there a comma (",") between the form of address ("Her Imperial Majesty") and the title ("Empress")?

That's wrong.
    It’s right because this bill says so. But is that opposition I see? I assume you know the repercussions for opposing this bill.
    Anyway I think the brackets in your statement are pointless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountBrandenburg)
    It’s right because this bill says so. But is that opposition I see? I assume you know the repercussions for opposing this bill.
    Anyway I think the brackets in your statement are pointless
    They were perhaps pointless, but not wrong.

Well, luckily the bill hasn't been voted on, then.

I support Her Majesty The Queen's elevation to the Empress of the Commonwealth.

ReputationRep:
    I shall be voting against this bill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    I shall be voting against this bill.
    Lucky it's a joke bill and won't be going to a vote, you numpty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitiate)
    Lucky it's a joke bill and won't be going to a vote, you numpty.
    Tea bill was also a joke bill and that went to a vote, did it not? Numpty.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.