Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCA2b)
    Right, well wait until later on then when it becomes a more practical option. Out of curiosity, why would they need to know? E.g. if it's a school psychologist, are they obliged to inform them? If so, do they need to divulge the specific contents of what's discussed?
    There isn't anyone at my school for me to talk to. Except for my head of year, who I don't like either, so I certainly won't be going to her.

ReputationRep:
    You need to practise to get good at them. Of course you won't keep up with someone who is way more experienced at it... initially.

ReputationRep:
    Eat less, exercise more. Try protein shakes. Good fats I. E. Avocado's are great. Fats contain a higher proportion of energy than the equivalent mass of carbohydrates. So try to stay away from carbs because they make you bloated as well. Drink protein shakes and use weights to train. You wanna build muscle mass because it's easier to burn fat the more muscle you have. Remember muscle burns fat. Just doing cardio won't cut it. Doesn't really give you any definition. Having been surrounded by gym freaks for these last few years has had some use and I hope my knowledge from that has done it justice 😂🤣
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Regarding protein shakes, just be careful of the sugar content of some of them, and avoid ones using aspartame/acesulfame k/sucralose. There's a good selection on Protein works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCA2b)
    Regarding protein shakes, just be careful of the sugar content of some of them, and avoid ones using aspartame/acesulfame k/sucralose. There's a good selection on Protein works.
    MyProtein have quite a good selection too. More specifically their impact whey. High protein content, pretty sure it's low in sugar too.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe2001)
    I really can't stand sports whatsoever. I quit doing Badminton at school as I couldn't stand the teacher who ran it and because it was full of younger kids, and cycling really loses it's appeal if I am with my dad as I can never keep up and just feel even worse about myself than otherwise.
    Keep trying different things. I used to hate all kinds of sport until I found fencing and running, both of which I adore. You'll find things you like too, so just keep looking.

Sorry if I am asking too many questions on this forum, but I need to talk to people, so here I am!

I am a 16 year old guy and have been overweight for several years. I am fed up with it and want to change, especially because I want to get a boyfriend in the not too distant future. I wouldn't want to date an overweight person, so ultimately I need to lose weight myself before putting myself on the market. In addition, I want to be good looking and generally attractive. I am worried that this may hold me back.

Does anyone have some tips?

Thanks!
    Are you saying you're gay? If so then you go about losing weight the same way strait men do. Exercise, diet and all that bllx. Avoid protein shakes and other crap you see advertised promising a Bruce Lee body in 10 days or somethin. To get fit takes hard word and to stay fit means consistently working hard. And then you can make other men hard

ReputationRep:
    I was also thinking about getting rid of my Scottish accent and getting a nice English one. I absolutely hate the Glaswegian accent, whereas I adore English ones, particularly ones from the South. I plan to live in London anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    Are you saying you're gay? If so then you go about losing weight the same way strait men do. Exercise, diet and all that bllx. Avoid protein shakes and other crap you see advertised promising a Bruce Lee body in 10 days or somethin. To get fit takes hard word and to stay fit means consistently working hard. And then you can make other men hard
    Yes - I am gay, and that makes things worse as gay men have very high standards.

I think I will skip the things about muscle building and protein shakes for now, but I am going to try and diet by cutting out most junk food and eating less.

As for exercise, that's tougher. I HATE it. I didn't mind doing badminton at school but the teacher who ran it is an absolute idiot, so I won't be going back there. I don't mind cycling but I can't do it in this weather, and I dislike doing it with my dad as he basically just shows up my lack of fitness and makes me feel worse about myself than otherwise.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Go live in a castle, buy a magic speaking mirror that tells lies and ask it every day: "mirror, mirror, on the wall etc.".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Go live in a castle, buy a magic speaking mirror that tells lies and ask it every day: "mirror, mirror, on the wall etc.".
    What????
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    What????
    Laughter is the best medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Laughter is the best medicine.
    It sure is, but it's not really helpful in my situation, is it?

ReputationRep:
    I was also thinking about getting rid of my Scottish accent and getting a nice English one. I absolutely hate the Glaswegian accent, whereas I adore English ones, particularly ones from the South. I plan to live in London anyway.
    Don't be silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCA2b)
    Don't be silly.
    Why not though? I would love to have a London accent. They are more attractive. Can't stand the Glaswegian one. It makes me sound as if I am from an impoverished area (I'm not actually, but still).

Why not though? I would love to have a London accent. They are more attractive. Can't stand the Glaswegian one. It makes me sound as if I am from an impoverished area (I'm not actually, but still).
    If you mean a cockney accent then you're more likely to find that in the Home Counties because it's dying out in London, most people here now speak MLE - which doesn't exactly make you sound wealthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If you mean a cockney accent then you're more likely to find that in the Home Counties because it's dying out in London, most people here now speak MLE - which doesn't exactly make you sound wealthy.
    The RP accent would sound better though. There isn't anything attractive in a Glaswegian accent, IMO. I would rather try hard to get rid of it and pick up an English one. If I got a nicer accent, then maybe it would possibly attract more people.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Less(e/o)n)
    Nobody can become good-looking. Such a notion is not merely ludicrous—it's inherently erroneous, also.
    Well while it’s true that your features are determined by genetics, one could become could looking if let’s say they went from fat to fit. Because when they were fat their features looked a lot worse, but then underneath of all that fat they could have amazing features.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Are you out of your mind?? Glaswegian accents are awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Are you out of your mind?? Glaswegian accents are awesome
    Not out of my mind at all, I just don't like it. I much prefer English ones. Plus, a Glaswegian accent identifies me as being from Glasgow, which I don't want.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.