Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to lose weight and become good looking watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe2001)
    Sorry if I am asking too many questions on this forum, but I need to talk to people, so here I am!

I am a 16 year old guy and have been overweight for several years. I am fed up with it and want to change, especially because I want to get a boyfriend in the not too distant future. I wouldn't want to date an overweight person, so ultimately I need to lose weight myself before putting myself on the market. In addition, I want to be good looking and generally attractive. I am worried that this may hold me back.

Does anyone have some tips?

Thanks!
    If you're someone who enjoys your food, especially the unhealthy kind, then don't eliminate the things you like just to look a certain way! It's easy, trust me
    - smaller portions of junk food, bigger portions of healthy food.
    - you only need to "diet" a few days per week. So Tuesdays and Thursdays eat less junk and cut extra calories. Rest of the days exercise for 30-45 mins doing cardio, weights etc whatever you want to do!
    - DROWN YOURSELF IN WATER. Not literally but yeah, lots of h20. If you don't like water then a few glasses of semi-skimmed milk plus it has lots of goodness which means health benefits! Pure orange juice and apple juice is good too! Fizzy and sugary drinks are the enemies here!
    - soak up vitamin D! Not too much though for obvious reasons. I find spending a couple of hours in the morning or late afternoon outside when the sun is shining gives a healthy glow.
    - spend as much time as you can outside in the fresh air! Whether that's through exercising e.g. biking, walking, running, hiking, working, meeting friends just find an excuse to always be outside!!! Fresh air does wonders for the skin and overall look of your face and makes your eyes look brighter!
    Hmmm what else...
    Dress in clothes that compliment you and make you feel good!
    Get your daily sugar fix otherwise you'll go mad trust me that's if you're into sugary treats like me!
    - just a few tips I find helps for me and everyone else I know!
    ...btw... did anyone ever tell you intelligence, humour and kindness are the most atttactive qualities of them all?! The aim should be to look after yourself and make YOU feel good so YOU will look good. Then it will fall into place and the boy will come along at the right time.
    Trust me!

ReputationRep:
    Deleted

ReputationRep:
    My parents aren't great cooks, so I think that both me and my younger sister would rather give it a try ourselves. Will wait until I am done with my exams for this year as they seem quite intent on me not doing anything in the kitchen if I have studying to do, even if I offer.

BTW - I personally find the Scottish accent, and being from Scotland in general to be a complete turn off. English all the way for me! It's rare that I have found one attractive, with the exception of the character Oliver Wood from Harry Potter. He managed to make the Scottish accent sound really sexy, so hats off to him.
    That’s fair enough.

I think it’s just a case of we always want what we don’t have. I’d love an accent of any sort, but people can’t tell where in the UK I come from 😂 I’d also love to have darker skin which actually matches a foundation colour, and to lose the freckles. I’d love to be able to afford to buy a house as soon as I leave uni. I’d love to have the focus to sit and study without distraction.

If we ever gain what we wish for, then we miss the past. Want fame? I bet the majority of people with it would love a break from it. Want long, blonde, soft hair? I bet those with it find it expensive and time-consuming to look after!

You just have to find the positives in what you have; what do you have that other people might envy? It’s hard to see it in yourself but I promise there’s a long list of things there!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngelaVickers)
    If you're someone who enjoys your food, especially the unhealthy kind, then don't eliminate the things you like just to look a certain way! It's easy, trust me
    - smaller portions of junk food, bigger portions of healthy food.
    - you only need to "diet" a few days per week. So Tuesdays and Thursdays eat less junk and cut extra calories. Rest of the days exercise for 30-45 mins doing cardio, weights etc whatever you want to do!
    - DROWN YOURSELF IN WATER. Not literally but yeah, lots of h20. If you don't like water then a few glasses of semi-skimmed milk plus it has lots of goodness which means health benefits! Pure orange juice and apple juice is good too! Fizzy and sugary drinks are the enemies here!
    - soak up vitamin D! Not too much though for obvious reasons. I find spending a couple of hours in the morning or late afternoon outside when the sun is shining gives a healthy glow.
    - spend as much time as you can outside in the fresh air! Whether that's through exercising e.g. biking, walking, running, hiking, working, meeting friends just find an excuse to always be outside!!! Fresh air does wonders for the skin and overall look of your face and makes your eyes look brighter!
    Hmmm what else...
    Dress in clothes that compliment you and make you feel good!
    Get your daily sugar fix otherwise you'll go mad trust me that's if you're into sugary treats like me!
    - just a few tips I find helps for me and everyone else I know!
    ...btw... did anyone ever tell you intelligence, humour and kindness are the most atttactive qualities of them all?! The aim should be to look after yourself and make YOU feel good so YOU will look good. Then it will fall into place and the boy will come along at the right time.
    Trust me!
    Thanks for all of your tips. They are all realistic and manageable for me to work on.
    Kindness, humor, intelligence AND attractiveness are the 4 key factors to a relationship, for me.

ReputationRep:
    Bumping this thread because people are questioning why I don't want to identify as Scottish:
    1) Some of the areas around me are among the lowest in terms of life expectancy in the UK.
    2) Glasgow itself. A dull city and devoid of character. Especially Sauchiehall Street.
    3) Too many Glaswegians are intimidating, and some are even downright aggressive.
    4) Many of the areas (especially the suburbs) are very run down.
    5) Lack of gay community in Glasgow. I can't be gay and Glaswegian.
    6) The suburbs are full of overly religious people, especially my town.
    7) Accent - we've covered that in enough detail.
    8) Nothing interesting to do in the area.

Yet people still wonder why I don't honour my Glaswegian heritage. For everything that I want to be, I can't identify as Glaswegian.

and I dislike doing it with my dad as he basically just shows up my lack of fitness and makes me feel worse about myself than otherwise.
    Fitness takes time to build. You get better, faster and stronger the more you do something. You start off slow and get faster over time by pushing a bit more and more in terms of speed and distance. Its not quite Rocky where you can run up a mountain and suddenly you're the best.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all of your tips. They are all realistic and manageable for me to work on.
    Kindness, humor, intelligence AND attractiveness are the 4 key factors to a relationship, for me.
    Oh yes of course that too lol!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.