Turn on thread page Beta

What sort of Work Experience will be useful? watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    not sure whether I'd like to go into politics, journalism or media in general, I've applied to a summer school to do International Relations course but what else can I do this summer/in the half-terms? (I'm in Year 12)
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by CinnamonSmol)
    not sure whether I'd like to go into politics, journalism or media in general, I've applied to a summer school to do International Relations course but what else can I do this summer/in the half-terms? (I'm in Year 12)
    For journalism and media you will normally need a portfolio of work (writing for journalism, a range of work for practical media/tv production). Working on that would be a good start.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by PQ)
    For journalism and media you will normally need a portfolio of work (writing for journalism, a range of work for practical media/tv production). Working on that would be a good start.
    what would I write about? Just issues that I'm interested in and like current affairs or? (thank you for replying btw!)
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by CinnamonSmol)
    what would I write about? Just issues that I'm interested in and like current affairs or? (thank you for replying btw!)
    Google journalism portfolio- there’s a lot of advice out there
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by PQ)
    Google journalism portfolio- there’s a lot of advice out there
    nice, thank you!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.