Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Here is the thing the international fees are very high for medicine.
    let's say I got 4 A* in a level which is way higher than the requirement (A*2A)
    and I know Programming and I have an educational youtube channel!
    Is there a way to get a scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    Many will be based on academic merit AND the financial need for it. Your programming isnt going to help you with a medicine degree, but your youtube channel may be off interest to some (Shows ability to help others etc..)

Have you looked at this page?
    https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...oxford-support
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    From Oxford? No, sorry. Scholarships for internationals simply aren't a priority, and even less so for medicine where fees are so high. If you are from a very low income country there may be places to apply to, but i would not be too hopeful.

For an international student accepted into Oxford medicine, where competition ratios can approach 200 to 1, 4A*s is really quite average, just FYI.

Your best bet for a scholarship is from your home country's government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uniqsummer)
    Many will be based on academic merit AND the financial need for it. Your programming isnt going to help you with a medicine degree, but your youtube channel may be off interest to some (Shows ability to help others etc..)

Have you looked at this page?
    https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...oxford-support
    Thank you !

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.