Turn on thread page Beta

Went through a red light in the snow. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys,

I went through some red lights on a large roundabout today. It was snowing quite heavily, i couldn't see the road markings so I wasn't sure if it was for me or the cars on the other lane (incoming lane).

Do you think i might be able to contest it?

How long till it shows up online on my driving license thing online?

My first offence - really worried been driving 18 months.

ReputationRep:
    first of all - was there a camera on the light? plus - if it was snowing, your front number plate would have been covered by snow, as youve probably noticed on other cars on the road.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by the_blip007)
    Hiya guys,

I went through some red lights on a large roundabout today. It was snowing quite heavily, i couldn't see the road markings so I wasn't sure if it was for me or the cars on the other lane (incoming lane).

Do you think i might be able to contest it?

How long till it shows up online on my driving license thing online?

My first offence - really worried been driving 18 months.
    Was there a traffic light camera? Did it flash?

And no you won't be able to contest it due to snow. You should adjust your driving to the conditions.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Fekky.)
    first of all - was there a camera on the light? plus - if it was snowing, your front number plate would have been covered by snow, as youve probably noticed on other cars on the road.
    Most (all?) traffic light cameras are rear not front facing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Was there a traffic light camera? Did it flash?

And no you won't be able to contest it due to snow. You should adjust your driving to the conditions.
    thanks for the reply.

i didn't see any flashes but i was looking around frantically to see if i was meant to stop or not. originally i thought it was for the merging vehicles.

thanks anyway though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You may not have seen the road markings, but you definitely would've seen the bright red light in front of you.

Anyways, even if you appeal against it, they'll probably say something along the lines of "You should've been driving according to the weather conditions".

My guess is, you probably got lucky; just please do take more care in future.

ReputationRep:
    You ran a red light...the fact it’s snowing is irrelevant.

If you don’t get a punishment for it, you are very lucky.

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine. I would just forget about it for the next two weeks. If you get a letter to say you got caught then you got caught. But if you dont just use it as a learning curve and be more careful on approach to junctions in the snow.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.