Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've downloaded the SQA app and I've set my revision plan I have 6 hours set for Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. During the week it's an hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays (I have twilight classes, and other commitments those days) And then 3 hours Monday/Wednesday.

It seems a lot when it's written out but it really doesn't feel like it hahaha, this is just me starting my proper revision too and my first exam is the 30th of April :/ I'm probably overreacting, but we've been off for a week due to snow and I only have 3 weeks until Easter hols, then a week after that, then exam leave.

For Nat 5s, I revised like...the week before? For most of them. I was undoubtedly one of those who cruised their nat 5s and then got hit like a truck by Highers haha, there's so much more revision needed.

When did you/are you going to start your revision?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my nat 5's this year and I've not started revising yet, I'm too busy trying to memorise all of my assignments and keep on top of general homework. I think I'm going to start light revision next week once most of my assignments are out of the way. I really don't know when to start properly revising since if I start too early I can tell I'll get burned out, but thinking about just how much I need to learn is freaking me out :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting week before we break up for easter. Done that for highers and nat 5's and gives me the required time to do what I need to do.
    Also before then it's all the assignments, so want them out the way first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzureCeleste)
    I'm starting week before we break up for easter. Done that for highers and nat 5's and gives me the required time to do what I need to do.
    Also before then it's all the assignments, so want them out the way first
    In the past week I've realised that's a good idea It's impossible to study actual course content when I have my English folio, two language speaking exams, and RMPS assignment. Half is done though, and Easter break for me is the 23rd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flwerofscotland)
    In the past week I've realised that's a good idea It's impossible to study actual course content when I have my English folio, two language speaking exams, and RMPS assignment. Half is done though, and Easter break for me is the 23rd.
    Yup same. It's important to do well on the folios and assignment to take some of the pressure off for the exam. Otherwise its building up more stress and worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefbear)
    I'm doing my nat 5's this year and I've not started revising yet, I'm too busy trying to memorise all of my assignments and keep on top of general homework. I think I'm going to start light revision next week once most of my assignments are out of the way. I really don't know when to start properly revising since if I start too early I can tell I'll get burned out, but thinking about just how much I need to learn is freaking me out :/
    I was unbelievably lazy with my nat 5s, so I'm not much help there hahah! If your prelim results were good, and you're not particularly behind in class, and your assignments/folio etc goes well then you'll definitely be fine. It's your Highers that'll really matter, and missing a grade boundary now won't kill you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flwerofscotland)
    I was unbelievably lazy with my nat 5s, so I'm not much help there hahah! If your prelim results were good, and you're not particularly behind in class, and your assignments/folio etc goes well then you'll definitely be fine. It's your Highers that'll really matter, and missing a grade boundary now won't kill you
    I'd say my prelims went well and I'm not behind in class so that's ok. I'm struggling a bit with my geography and computing assignments but the rest are fine. Nat 5's are stressful enough for me lol, really not looking forward to Highers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefbear)
    I'd say my prelims went well and I'm not behind in class so that's ok. I'm struggling a bit with my geography and computing assignments but the rest are fine. Nat 5's are stressful enough for me lol, really not looking forward to Highers.
    If you keep up with the work it'll be easier, but they're tough. Believe any teacher/senior student who tells you that highers are a jump But they're not impossible. If you're lazier, the stress is worse...as I'm realising hahaha

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.