Turn on thread page Beta

Elephant ears watch

Announcements

Hi, I have had sort of sticky-out ears basically my whole life and I hate them. I have seen that it is possible to get them pinned back and was wondering if I should. I realise that people I know are going to take the piss a bit if I get it done but I wouldn't care tbh, I can take a joke.
    I'm not going to post a picture of myself for obvious reasons but below is a picture of some random guy off google who has the same ears as me. Has anyone had this done before or thought about it? Thanks.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6b/b2/56/6...9fb7d35392.jpg

bump

ReputationRep:
    If you don't care about people taking the piss out of you for having pinned back ears, why do you care about what they look like at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    honestly if your ears are like the guys in the pic, its not that noticeable.

ReputationRep:
    any operation has a certain risk... including ear adjustment.

(Original post by esralled)
    If you don't care about people taking the piss out of you for having pinned back ears, why do you care about what they look like at the moment?
    It's more for myself really, I just hate the look of them.
    and I know girls aren't the biggest fan of them either, not that that really matters. It just means I could wear a hats without having to worry about my ears poking out and drawing attention to them and i wouldn't have too look at them myself.

(Original post by the bear)
    any operation has a certain risk... including ear adjustment.
    do you know what risks?

(Original post by yungaheartz)
    honestly if your ears are like the guys in the pic, its not that noticeable.
    People have said they do notice
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Truthfully?

Learn to live with them and love them. They are you and you are unique.

A Buddhist will tell you: what we think we become. It's your own mind alone driving your unhappiness. So you have to correct the thought process not the physical attribute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I have had sort of sticky-out ears basically my whole life and I hate them. I have seen that it is possible to get them pinned back and was wondering if I should. I realise that people I know are going to take the piss a bit if I get it done but I wouldn't care tbh, I can take a joke.
    I'm not going to post a picture of myself for obvious reasons but below is a picture of some random guy off google who has the same ears as me. Has anyone had this done before or thought about it? Thanks.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6b/b2/56/6...9fb7d35392.jpg

They don't stand out that much tbh, and will probably fly under the radar

there was a kid in my tutor group with genuinely big ears and we used to take the piss out of them...

We used to call him Dumbo and BFG :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I know two people who have had their ears pinned back and both were very happy with the results so if it's something you want and are set on doing it, it's up to you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by ANM775)
    They don't stand out that much tbh, and will probably fly under the radar

there was a kid in my tutor group with genuinely big ears and we used to take the piss out of them...

We used to call him Dumbo and BFG :laugh:
    I've also heard Shrek, Elf and Yoda!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    do you know what risks?
    https://www.realself.com/question/th...ple-the-age-18

ReputationRep:
    this thread isn't what I thought it would be

ReputationRep:
    Something for girls to hold onto as you tongue punch their pussy
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.