Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I’m in year 10 right now when I go into year 11 next your I will have to move in December 4 months away from my exams due to my dads work no other school will take me so my mum and dad have no option but to homeschool me does this mean I can still take me gcse in my old school for free or will I have to pay for it ?

    Well it depends, you would have to talk to your school about your exams, Im sure they will help you and probably allow you to come and sit them. Also, I have a friend in America who does independent homeschooling, from revision books (not through any tutoring except independent study). I don't know if that is the same as the UK though. If you do end up doing that, I don't know if you will be able to achieve really high grades from just revision books though, either.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.