University of Amsterdam Watch

pipercy11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am in high school in the USA. I would love to study abroad, but my options are limited to places where I would be taught in English. I am also limited because I need somewhere affordable. I have looked into Dutch universities and I am especially interested in Leiden and The University of Amsterdam. My parents are very hesitant about the possibility of doing my bachelors overseas. If anyone knows, how are the student services at these universities, especially for international students? How difficult is it to find and afford accommodation? What is required, and how difficult is it to be accepted? Also, as an international student, would I be able to obtain any scholarships? Would you reccomend Leiden (The Hague) or Amsterdam? Would love to hear from other Americans or anyone!
amyclements123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi, i'm in the same kind of position as you - only I'm from the UK! What do you want to study?
pipercy11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by amyclements123)
Hi, i'm in the same kind of position as you - only I'm from the UK! What do you want to study?
Hey! I like the Political Science program at the University of Amsterdam and International Relations and Organizations at Leiden!
amyclements123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by pipercy11)
Hey! I like the Political Science program at the University of Amsterdam and International Relations and Organizations at Leiden!
I was looking more at universities for International Law, so far I've found Maastricht, The Hague University of Applied Sciences and Groningen, but the International Relations degree you mentioned sounds really interesting!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (633)
91.08%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (62)
8.92%

Watched Threads