Turn on thread page Beta

University of Amsterdam watch

ReputationRep:
    I am in high school in the USA. I would love to study abroad, but my options are limited to places where I would be taught in English. I am also limited because I need somewhere affordable. I have looked into Dutch universities and I am especially interested in Leiden and The University of Amsterdam. My parents are very hesitant about the possibility of doing my bachelors overseas. If anyone knows, how are the student services at these universities, especially for international students? How difficult is it to find and afford accommodation? What is required, and how difficult is it to be accepted? Also, as an international student, would I be able to obtain any scholarships? Would you reccomend Leiden (The Hague) or Amsterdam? Would love to hear from other Americans or anyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm in the same kind of position as you - only I'm from the UK! What do you want to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyclements123)
    Hi, i'm in the same kind of position as you - only I'm from the UK! What do you want to study?
    Hey! I like the Political Science program at the University of Amsterdam and International Relations and Organizations at Leiden!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pipercy11)
    Hey! I like the Political Science program at the University of Amsterdam and International Relations and Organizations at Leiden!
    I was looking more at universities for International Law, so far I've found Maastricht, The Hague University of Applied Sciences and Groningen, but the International Relations degree you mentioned sounds really interesting!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.