The Student Room Group

Taking a year off of Uni.

I'm really considering taking a year out of uni at the end of my first year for multiple reasons, i have struggled with the sudden life change and have experienced intense anxiety since arriving at uni, this in turn has resulted in me not performing at my best this year. I was wondering if it is possible to drop out of uni after completing my first year, go back home, get a part time job, return to college and get more UCAS points (on a one year course) in order to apply for somewhere better suited for me in 2019 ( i am deeply unhappy in my current location ). Is this a realistic proposition or are there holes in my logic.
Thank You
Original post by Feenox
I'm really considering taking a year out of uni at the end of my first year for multiple reasons, i have struggled with the sudden life change and have experienced intense anxiety since arriving at uni, this in turn has resulted in me not performing at my best this year. I was wondering if it is possible to drop out of uni after completing my first year, go back home, get a part time job, return to college and get more UCAS points (on a one year course) in order to apply for somewhere better suited for me in 2019 ( i am deeply unhappy in my current location ). Is this a realistic proposition or are there holes in my logic.
Thank You

You can suspend studies for which there will be a uni procedure probably involing seeing your tutor and filling a form out.

As the curse or uni is making you miserable and assuming you dont see it changing then I suggest going to see the GP at least 2-3 times to get on record your loneliness , depression and unhappiness. the reason for this is it will give you a more straightforward exit and keep open the possibility in future to make a compelling personal reasons claim to get the finance back. If you just leave then you will have little evidence to send sfe.

By all means go home get some more UCAS points A levels etc and then reapply to a course and uni you want. Seems far more sensible. Foolish would be to carry on paying thousands for a course that you hate and makes you miserable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending