The Student Room Group

RAF Pilot (P2 and eyesight requirment)

Hi all,

I applied for a pilot role in the RAF, a very competitive role of course. I've been invited to the P2 presentation and I was wondering is this common? Or do they invite anyone who appears to pass the basic eligibility?

My second question, I wear contact lenses and glasses and I'm aware that the eyesight requirement has recently changed for the role of aircrew. I don't know the strength or prescription of my eyesight and I wanted to know when will I find out if this is sufficient? Would it be following my P2 and handing my medical consent form over to the AFCO?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by kierandowson
Hi all,

I applied for a pilot role in the RAF, a very competitive role of course. I've been invited to the P2 presentation and I was wondering is this common? Or do they invite anyone who appears to pass the basic eligibility?

My second question, I wear contact lenses and glasses and I'm aware that the eyesight requirement has recently changed for the role of aircrew. I don't know the strength or prescription of my eyesight and I wanted to know when will I find out if this is sufficient? Would it be following my P2 and handing my medical consent form over to the AFCO?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Everybody interested in either flying or officer roles goes to the P2.

Rules have changed but are still stringent. You'll be asked to fill out an eye test form detailing your prescription, then they'll let you know.

Quick Reply

Latest