The Student Room Group

Pls give me questions on these maths topics

Scroll to see replies

http://jmaths.simplesite.com/

That’s the link to my website - my paper can be found on there.

Try Question 8, it is a worded one and one of the simpler ones on the paper
Original post by Jheinexx
Please send me some! Not the super difficult ones though. Realistic ones that could come up! :smile:

I’m afraid my paper is full of questions that are unlikely to come up haha. Although questions like number 16 on the paper will probably come up
Original post by Y11_Maths
http://jmaths.simplesite.com/

That’s the link to my website - my paper can be found on there.

Try Question 8, it is a worded one and one of the simpler ones on the paper

Original post by Y11_Maths
I’m afraid my paper is full of questions that are unlikely to come up haha. Although questions like number 16 on the paper will probably come up

Congratulations on making a website btw!
LOL they made me go 😦! Ill give question 8 and 16 a go then :smile: thanks
Of course but i was talking about the new topics that they put in the 9-1 spec. Ill use as much as i can. Do you think its best if i just practice questions from the topic rather than wasting time making notes?

None of the topics you listed are new to the 9-1 spec except the surd thing, which is why I gave a lot of those questions. The following are some of the new 9-1 spec content, if memory serves:

>expanding more than two brackets
>finding turning points by completing the square
>calculating gradients and putting them in context ("giving an interpretation" is the likely wording of the question in the exam)
>nth term of quadratic sequences
>some horrible probabilities things that I don't remember how to do and barely learnt in the first place

If you're in Year 11, from now until the end of the year, you should probably focus on practice more than anything else. Your notes will be the annotations in a different colour that you make around questions that you have done wrong. I believe that is the best use of your time for maths revision

EDIT: wait I assumed you were doing higher... in foundation, the new topics are different
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by orderofthelotus
Try these too I guess

1) simplify root30
2) rationalise 4 / root7
3) simplify (2 + root2)(2 - root3)
4) rationalise (2 + root3) / (8 - root2)
5) solve 2x^ - 7x + 5

6) give the value of 3/4 + 7/8
7) give the value of (12/5) / (1/3)
8) simplify 2x^2 / x

these are really simple exercises that would be good for the beginning of your revision, make sure to do exam style questions too once you feel more confident

GCSE saviour tbh

EDIT: when I say really simple I mean it might not always look like this on the paper, it'll probably be a worded question you have to interpret

Indeed
Original post by orderofthelotus
None of the topics you listed are new to the 9-1 spec except the surd thing, which is why I gave a lot of those questions. The following are some of the new 9-1 spec content, if memory serves:

>expanding more than two brackets
>finding turning points by completing the square
>calculating gradients and putting them in context ("giving an interpretation" is the likely wording of the question in the exam)
>nth term of quadratic sequences
>some horrible probabilities things that I don't remember how to do and barely learnt in the first place

If you're in Year 11, from now until the end of the year, you should probably focus on practice more than anything else. Your notes will be the annotations in a different colour that you make around questions that you have done wrong. I believe that is the best use of your time for maths revision

EDIT: wait I assumed you were doing higher... in foundation, the new topics are different

I am doing higher and im in year 12, resitting. Appreciate it:smile:
Congratulations on making a website btw!
LOL they made me go 😦! Ill give question 8 and 16 a go then :smile: thanks

Your welcome

Quick Reply

Latest