Turn on thread page Beta

Gcse maths foundation!! watch

ReputationRep:
    How do I revise for maths I’m 15 and I’m really bad at revising for maths I have no clue on how to because it’s my worst subject and I’m really bad at it I know some of my times tables but not all what do you think I should do and how should I revise for maths gcse foundations thanksxx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Find questions you can do and just practice. Know the topic list you have and tick the ones you need to practice eg fractions
    Then Google questions and practice doing that topic eg Google fraction based questions and practice until you are comfortable. After you've gone through the list, do a past paper. It doesn't have to be timed for now, but work through all the questions and mark it.
    When you get a question wrong, think to yourself "Did I get this wrong because of a silly mistake, or did I get this wrong because I actually did it wrong and don't know how to do it". If it's the latter then you need to practice that topic more.
    However lots and lots of questions do tend to get quite boring so if you want to revise but aren't in the mood to do questions then watch videos on the topics and try do the questions in the video with them. However make sure you do practice with questions though, math is all about practice.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much what should I do if I find it boring and I don’t understand the topic

ReputationRep:
    maths genie is a really good maths revision site. it has videos teaching you the topocs with exam questions

ReputationRep:
    Does your school provide you with a ‘mymaths’ account? Helped me a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and no it doesn’t

ReputationRep:
    I struggled with maths a lot before getting my ass in gear for GCSE further to do A Level- I looked up the exam boards specification (in my case CCEA) and cross referenced it with the materials given by my teachers in order to list all the possible areas I could be asked on (i.e. basic algebra, trigonometry, differentiation etc.) I then took a file page (or use a notebook) for each area and divided it up. Take algebra, I divided this into quadratics and their graphs, factorising, completing the square and so on. For trigonometry it would be: basic equations, graphs, sine/cosine rule etc. I wrote appropriate notes (not too long) for each subcategory on how to do the method or type of question and worked through a past paper question methodically as a worked example. After that it became a case of revising these notes and then completing as many past papers as possible- for maths this genuinely is the best way to increase your skill. If you're just looking to pass and not take it any further then I'd say my method was effective as I got an A*. Wish you the best of luck with your exams, don't get too stressed as there's a lot of resources out there and people willing to help if you need it

ReputationRep:
    Thanks also should I learn my timestables I’m doing gcse foundation btw

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know but the process is applicable and it helped me but once you find an effective method definitely stick to it, mymaths is really helpful I agree they have great presentations to help you understand the basic concept which makes everything so much simpler

ReputationRep:
    For maths the best way to revise is to just practise as many questions as you can and focus on the areas you're loosing the most marks in. The best way to do this would be to go through each topic doing topic specific questions to make sure you understand the method and the best way to approach each question. Physics and Maths Tutor have really good resources for this as well as past papers to get used to the style and wording of the questions.

Other than that you could watch worked through problems of questions you found difficult on youtube.

Hope this might be helpful, good luck

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.