Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image-8848391a-c71a-4707-96a0-b1a443cefa1b1867745998-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  13.8 KB

I have an exam question that says bone marrow stem cells are pluripotent but I thought they were multipotent?
    I've checked in my text book and it seems to suggest they are multipotent as well, what do you guys think?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Pluripotent means they can divide into most cells apart from the placenta. Stem cells are pluripotent.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the stem cell. Stem cells from most adults are multipotent like the bone marrow. The exam question was wrong apparently it wasn't an official one

(Original post by Evey Jayne)
    Pluripotent means they can divide into most cells apart from the placenta. Stem cells are pluripotent.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 28, 2018
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.