Turn on thread page Beta

if i start revising now will i be able to get 8/7s watch

ReputationRep:
    there are only a set amount of days left till exams, which ways can i revise to enable my self to get grade 7/8

ReputationRep:
    That depends on what grades you’re working at right now. I would say that if you’re 6-7 standard you could definitely make it work with enough effort. Below that is gonna need a lot of work BUT I’m sure it’s possible. Good luck though
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Listen,
    There is no definite method of getting 7/8 in your GCSE's
    You have to aim to get the highest possible so you should start revising now
    Its like saying if someone cant even speak English and they start revising now they could get 7/8 in their GCSEs it just doesnt work like that
    For my mocks about 2 months ago i worked pretty hard and i got 3 8's and 3 7's and the rest 6s 5s and 4s which is pretty good
    Just know that you should be revising everyday for at least a good 3 hours if you do want to achieve the top grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harshivam)
    Listen,
    There is no definite method of getting 7/8 in your GCSE's
    You have to aim to get the highest possible so you should start revising now
    Its like saying if someone cant even speak English and they start revising now they could get 7/8 in their GCSEs it just doesnt work like that
    For my mocks about 2 months ago i worked pretty hard and i got 3 8's and 3 7's and the rest 6s 5s and 4s which is pretty good
    Just know that you should be revising everyday for at least a good 3 hours if you do want to achieve the top grades
    do u have any specific revision methods

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItzSami)
    do u have any specific revision methods
    First of all, get every single specification from your subjects. Download them print them whatever.
    Your first task is to make sure you know everything in your syllabus.
    Read through your spec, understand it.
    Then just do exam questions. Make sure you know what comes up every year and memorise the mark scheme
    eg. A 6 marker comes up about diffusion every year for the past 4 years
    Do this question over and over again till you get every single point on the mark scheme
    Thats about it really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItzSami)
    there are only a set amount of days left till exams, which ways can i revise to enable my self to get grade 7/8
    You can probably even get some 9s if you start now! For GCSE i started french after april half term because it was my weakest, all my other subjects i literally crammed for 2 days and still did well in them. But then again i did the old spec and got 4 A*s and 4As for GCSE trust me when i say go over the spec and do papers and practice exam technique and watch videos. You can do it!! Good luck!! GCSEs you'll realise are nothing compared to Alevels!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.