Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After level 4 Aat I’m looking to move onto studying CIMA. While I’m doing level 4 I would like to gain some experience in the industry. What jobs should I look for and where?

So I won’t necessarily be working with an accounting firm but where would I start with the CIMA. I know CIMA is more working with businesses but do businesses take on students with little to no experience in the industry?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.w.1999)
    After level 4 Aat I’m looking to move onto studying CIMA. While I’m doing level 4 I would like to gain some experience in the industry. What jobs should I look for and where?

So I won’t necessarily be working with an accounting firm but where would I start with the CIMA. I know CIMA is more working with businesses but do businesses take on students with little to no experience in the industry?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Lots of people get their first job in your position. You could look on the major websites (reed, indeed, gaapweb) and see what is available in your area of the country, Perhaps look for temporary work as that allows you to gain skills and move on more readily. I'd look for job titles such as accounts assistant, ledger clerk etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajj2000)
    Lots of people get their first job in your position. You could look on the major websites (reed, indeed, gaapweb) and see what is available in your area of the country, Perhaps look for temporary work as that allows you to gain skills and move on more readily. I'd look for job titles such as accounts assistant, ledger clerk etc.
    And that would make it easier in the future for CIMA? So I will gain experience which is also relevant to CIMA doing these types of jobs?

ReputationRep:
    And that would make it easier in the future for CIMA? So I will gain experience which is also relevant to CIMA doing these types of jobs?
    I think its helps if you can see what you are studying used for real day by day - but more importantly why would you want to study something like accounting and not use it?

ReputationRep:
    I think its helps if you can see what you are studying used for real day by day - but more importantly why would you want to study something like accounting and not use it?
    Well I was doing A levels and decided to switch over to Aat and I’ve been looking at the opportunities post Aat and CIMA has taken my interest more than ACCA. So hopefully after this academic year I’ll be moving onto level 4 Aat, while doing level 4 I was looking to get some in the job experience to help me later on after level 4 when I will look to start studying CIMA hence why I’m asking for jobs that will take on someone with little to no experience to help start my career.

ReputationRep:
    Well I was doing A levels and decided to switch over to Aat and I’ve been looking at the opportunities post Aat and CIMA has taken my interest more than ACCA. So hopefully after this academic year I’ll be moving onto level 4 Aat, while doing level 4 I was looking to get some in the job experience to help me later on after level 4 when I will look to start studying CIMA hence why I’m asking for jobs that will take on someone with little to no experience to help start my career.
    Thats fine - everyone starts at the bottom and the courses are designed to be studied part time. Perhaps you could also try some agencies such as Hays and Accountancy Additions.

ReputationRep:
    Thats fine - everyone starts at the bottom and the courses are designed to be studied part time. Perhaps you could also try some agencies such as Hays and Accountancy Additions.
    Thank you for your advice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 2, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.