Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've been trying to find entry requirements for ivy league schools namely Harvard but I can't find them online. If I follow a U.K. curriculum and have CIE A levels, will they recognize these or do they require American SAT to apply?
    Thank you x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by IgaPietrzak)
    Hey, I've been trying to find entry requirements for ivy league schools namely Harvard but I can't find them online. If I follow a U.K. curriculum and have CIE A levels, will they recognize these or do they require American SAT to apply?
    Thank you x
    Hi, I've moved your post to a more appropriate forum. Have a look at the stickied threads at the top

SAT or ACT will also be required.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Harvard, and most other Ivys, will require either the SAT reasoning with essay or ACT reasoning with essay, and 2 SAT subject tests. Your A levels will also be considered contextually.

Bear in mind that testing is just one small part of the application and you will also have to spend a great deal of time working on application essays and the rest of the app itself.

ReputationRep:
    You can find all the requirements of each of the websites. What M451 said is very accurate, but have a look to see if you can skip taking one or two tests having done a certain subject. Columbia and Harvard now don't require the ACT/SAT essay as a requirement so there's that!

Please have a look at other excellent institutions - throw rankings aside and really figure out which college you fit best at. That may be Harvard, but for 90% of people who say it is, it's not

Some other amazing colleges, many of which will provide richer undergraduate experiences and will be more academically rigorous than Harvard: Vanderbilt, Duke, Columbia, Northwestern, Cornell, Duke, Union College, Swarthmore, Pomona, Rice, Brown, Barnard... It's common for people to get into Harvard and be rejected by the colleges above. happens all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IgaPietrzak)
    Thank you x
    Harvard gets hundreds of applications from the UK every year. They will recognize your A-levels. As others have said you will also require the SAT or ACT (if you're more scientifically inclined, I'd go for the ACT, otherwise stick with SAT.)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.