IgaPietrzak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey, I've been trying to find entry requirements for ivy league schools namely Harvard but I can't find them online. If I follow a U.K. curriculum and have CIE A levels, will they recognize these or do they require American SAT to apply?
Thank you x
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IgaPietrzak)
Hey, I've been trying to find entry requirements for ivy league schools namely Harvard but I can't find them online. If I follow a U.K. curriculum and have CIE A levels, will they recognize these or do they require American SAT to apply?
Thank you x
Hi, I've moved your post to a more appropriate forum. Have a look at the stickied threads at the top

SAT or ACT will also be required.

Posted from TSR Mobile
M451
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Harvard, and most other Ivys, will require either the SAT reasoning with essay or ACT reasoning with essay, and 2 SAT subject tests. Your A levels will also be considered contextually.

Bear in mind that testing is just one small part of the application and you will also have to spend a great deal of time working on application essays and the rest of the app itself.
bant_bus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can find all the requirements of each of the websites. What M451 said is very accurate, but have a look to see if you can skip taking one or two tests having done a certain subject. Columbia and Harvard now don't require the ACT/SAT essay as a requirement so there's that!

Please have a look at other excellent institutions - throw rankings aside and really figure out which college you fit best at. That may be Harvard, but for 90% of people who say it is, it's not

Some other amazing colleges, many of which will provide richer undergraduate experiences and will be more academically rigorous than Harvard: Vanderbilt, Duke, Columbia, Northwestern, Cornell, Duke, Union College, Swarthmore, Pomona, Rice, Brown, Barnard... It's common for people to get into Harvard and be rejected by the colleges above. happens all the time.
olle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IgaPietrzak)
Thank you x
Harvard gets hundreds of applications from the UK every year. They will recognize your A-levels. As others have said you will also require the SAT or ACT (if you're more scientifically inclined, I'd go for the ACT, otherwise stick with SAT.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.9%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
15.69%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
18.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (11)
10.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
17.65%

Watched Threads