Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am 17, and I'm really interested in a girl that I walk home with on a regular basis. I've never been in a relationship before and i don't know what to do. On Valentine's day I asked her if she wanted to go and grab a coffee and after persuading her she finally said yes. I just don't know what to do now, we haven't really walked home together since but I don't want to let her get away, I really like her and I just don't know if she feels the same way, she always puts kisses at the end of her messages but I have a feeling that's just a girl thing.
    Honestly this is doing my head in and I am open to any advice so thanks in advance.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SB8999)
    I am 17, and I'm really interested in a girl that I walk home with on a regular basis. I've never been in a relationship before and i don't know what to do. On Valentine's day I asked her if she wanted to go and grab a coffee and after persuading her she finally said yes. I just don't know what to do now, we haven't really walked home together since but I don't want to let her get away, I really like her and I just don't know if she feels the same way, she always puts kisses at the end of her messages but I have a feeling that's just a girl thing.
    Honestly this is doing my head in and I am open to any advice so thanks in advance.
    Did you end up getting coffee with her? How did that go?

Perhaps ask her on another date. She'll accept if she likes you.

ReputationRep:
    Well the best thing to probably do is to try to do continuous talking like over text or in person just whatever to keep seeing her. Also if you keep walking with her like just together or in a group could be a hint and depends on the things you talk about while with her. As long as you don't seem too friendly like where she will make you a friend and maybe act a bit flirty would help.

If you like had to persuade her to get a coffee and she wasn't like right off the hook 'yes' then she might not be the most interested but as that was a while ago it all depends on how the actual meeting went. Also some girls do the kisses thing at the end just cause they're used to it so if it's 1 then it probably won't mean anything but of course more would maybe be a little hint.

Of course you can also look at how she responds and like how fast and how intrigued is she by your conversation. Just some tips and if she doesn't really meet any then she probably isn't interested. I am also around your age and in the same position as you but you have to find someone who is interested as going around with people that you like but don't like you will really not help you get a girlfriend unless you're proper charismatic .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Did you end up getting coffee with her? How did that go?

Perhaps ask her on another date. She'll accept if she likes you.
    Yes we got a coffee in the end and I thought it was really good, we sat for about 1 hour and a half and just talked. I'll tryw and ask her again, see how she responds if she is hesitant or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnetyRick)
    Well the best thing to probably do is to try to do continuous talking like over text or in person just whatever to keep seeing her. Also if you keep walking with her like just together or in a group could be a hint and depends on the things you talk about while with her. As long as you don't seem too friendly like where she will make you a friend and maybe act a bit flirty would help.

If you like had to persuade her to get a coffee and she wasn't like right off the hook 'yes' then she might not be the most interested but as that was a while ago it all depends on how the actual meeting went. Also some girls do the kisses thing at the end just cause they're used to it so if it's 1 then it probably won't mean anything but of course more would maybe be a little hint.

Of course you can also look at how she responds and like how fast and how intrigued is she by your conversation. Just some tips and if she doesn't really meet any then she probably isn't interested. I am also around your age and in the same position as you but you have to find someone who is interested as going around with people that you like but don't like you will really not help you get a girlfriend unless you're proper charismatic .
    Thanks you, I'll try these tips next time i see her. And thanks for the clarification on the kisses thing haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.