Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend is choosing sports over me, should i leave? watch

So me and my boyfriend do long distance and there’s a 5 hour time difference between us. We have been together for almost a year and there was a rough time last september when he did soccer. he does the sports after school at the club in school for 2 and a half hours, then he gets home and showers and eats dinner which means i cant talk to him until after 11:30pm my time. we broke up then and got back together after his soccer season ended when he had time to spend with me. everything was fine until now he just started volleyball, which he is going to do until the end of the school year then hes doing soccer during the summer until october. we had a massive arguement over it but i decided to carry on and give this relationship a try. we are both 16, i have school and im always staying up till 1-2am talking to him. im just really tired that hes choosing sports over me.. he told me his parents make him do it and also he enjoys it it makes him happy and whatever. the thing is he’s not taking sports as a career hes only doing it as a hobby. and im really frustrated because long distance is hard already and hes making it even more harder between us. he also has to practise on weekends sometimes and i feel like we are just going to be more distant from each other as time goes by, probably going to lead to arguements too. i dont want this relationship if its going to be like this, but i just cant let go i still love him.. it seems like im holding onto memories but i actually want to move on. however im not sure. also im a very introvert person irl hes my first proper relationship and i dont think i will find anyone as nice to me or loves me as much ever again. i dont know what to choose.

ReputationRep:
    Come to a compromise or make him chose ❤️ may the force be with you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    he probably can't control how often he has practices. if sports makes him happy, and long distance is not working out, maybe it'd be best to break up with him.

ReputationRep:
    Well it isn't really fair for him to give up his hobbies to speak with you at those times. You would find it better if you broke up as you could look for someone on the same time scale as you. Otherwise just try to fit in time to talk at more suitable times.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I remember exactly the same thing happening to Troy. He had to choose basketball or Gabriella.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.