Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I live in a flat and there’s 5 of us (all students)
    The internet bill is in my name but we all agreed to pay equal amounts and have done so for the past 6 months.

    2 flatmates constantly pay their bill a week over its due date and I need the money straight away, so this month I blocked their access to the internet until they paid me. Basically done it so they never miss a further payment.

    But they have screwed me over and just bought a new broadband package (they’re both quite well off) so they can afford it.

    Not sure what I can do, is it worth going to the small claims court cos they’ve both paid 6 months so they clearly agreed to it in the first place. They can’t just stop paying when they feel like it and I get an extra £15 a month bill surely?

    I want to go small claims court, but I don’t want to waste money if I won’t win.

    Any advice is grateful 😁

    I wasn't even aware you can have two different providers to the same flat?
Do you like carrot cake?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.