Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I’m really interested to apply to Scottish universities which one you reckon me, I would like to study in Glasgow or Edinburgh, I need some advices about uni’s rankings and graduate internships thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ChrisChristian)
    Hi guys, I’m really interested to apply to Scottish universities which one you reckon me, I would like to study in Glasgow or Edinburgh, I need some advices about uni’s rankings and graduate internships thanks
    What do you want to study?
    Are you applying for undergraduate or postgraduate courses?
    When do you want to start?

ReputationRep:
    CompSci undergraduate I would like to apply for next year

ReputationRep:
    I believe Glasgow. St Andrews and Dundee are your too 3 on the tables
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    moved to scotland

also

Airmed might know
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
    I believe Glasgow. St Andrews and Dundee are your too 3 on the tables
    Edinburgh???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Edinburgh???
    Edinburgh will be high up too I don’t take the course but looking at the tables they 3 are the top I think Edinburgh is in the top 5
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there,

With regards to choosing the right uni for you, although league tables and rankings are important I would also say it's about finding the right fit for you. If I were you I'd try and do as much research online via blog posts, Youtube videos, etc. of people who have studied/are studying your course at some of these unis in Scotland to see if anything piques your interest and get a sense if other students have enjoyed their experience.

Also, if possible, try visiting the cities as Scotland's cities are very different from one another. Glasgow is a much bigger city than Edinburgh, for example, which is more of a historic town where it's easy to walk eveywhere, for example. You might also want to take into account factors like price of accommodation, lifestyle, living costs, etc. These factors, as well as unis that are high up the league tables, are important.

Thanks,

Lilith

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.