Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

SFE have blocked my payment due to previous funding.

I've started a 3 year degree, prior to this I did a 1 year foundation degree at the same university, which qualified me to enter this 3 year course.

I repeated a module on the foundation degree which I believe may be classed as a full repeat year although I was funded for one extra term in monetary terms.

My question is; Am I entitled to 3 years full funding for my degree or not?

The SFE advisor i spoke to seems to think so but said my application has been passed to another department to assess. I think she said GFD??

I wouldn't have started my degree if I knew funding was going to be an issue as I can't afford to fund any part of the course myself.

I'm going to speak to the uni but any honest opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    To clarify I'm studying a nursing degree, but not for much longer if SFE don't lift the payment block .
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by brumagen)
    To clarify I'm studying a nursing degree, but not for much longer if SFE don't lift the payment block .
    Hi brumagen,

When did you start your nursing degree and also do you have dependent children? are you receiving grants for having dependents?

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi brumagen,

When did you start your nursing degree and also do you have dependent children? are you receiving grants for having dependents?

Thanks

Catherine
    Hi Catherine,

I started my degree in January this year, i've applied for grants for dependents but as yet I've not received a penny from SFE and now I've been told my payments from them are blocked due to previous funding.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by brumagen)
    Hi Catherine,

I started my degree in January this year, i've applied for grants for dependents but as yet I've not received a penny from SFE and now I've been told my payments from them are blocked due to previous funding.
    Hi brumagen,

You will need to allow time for the GFD team to look into this, they are currently taking 12 working days from when your application was passed over to them to be looked into.

Thanks

Catherine

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.