Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TCA2b)
    Billionaire chad president of the US.

Some virgin loser on SNL.

Must be sour grapes.
    The chad Trump vs. The virgin Baldwin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    You're not getting it. Trump is The President, Hillary isn't, attention is quite rightly focused on his idiocy. You're trying too hard to deflect from the person actually in power and everyone can see it.
    Clearly it’s you that’s not getting it, I’ve spoken about celebs supporting Hillary in the past tense. It would be like someone supporting Stalin and then criticising Hitler - the person you’re criticising is bad but you’ve supported someone who’s no better. What exactly are you saying I’m trying to deflect?

(Original post by PlayWithMarkers)
    Hollywood is left leaning, only makes sense they'd support their own political side, makes even more side now that the Republican in charge is a disaster.
    And that’s part of the problem: people saying well I’m left leaning therefore I’ll support whatever is on the left side, be it good or bad.

By what metric is he a disaster?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhog)
    The man is constantly insulted by people who cannot digest that he beat Hillary, perfectly natural for him to hit back. It's pathetic to have all the Hollywood luvvies climbing over each other to express their 'horror', their butts stuck down so deep where the sun don't shine. Who they in this world, animated puppets with a delusional sense of self-importance most of them.

As with Brexit, what we have is a 24/7 effort to completely sabotage democracy by people who don't even begin to understand it. It was the same with Bush, the BBC was constantly alluding to how thick he was back then.
    I've never seen such backlash surrounding Political events than Trump and Brexit. Its stupid. Get on with yours lives. Whats Trump done that is so wrong? Hilary said on camera in 2008 that she would invade Iran if she ever became President and people think Trump is a threat to world peace? If I vote, for example, the conservatives and Labour win in the Election, I just get on with my life, why would I stop it? The people have spoken, need to get out of your ego and understand you're not the only person who has an opinion and not the only one whos vote count. Its rididculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    It has already been pointed out to you that 'Hollywood' is generally, by American standards, left-leaning and more inclined to support Democrat politicians, that's not news. The fact is that Hillary isn't of much relevancy as she's not The President. Even if Hillary and Trump were idiots of equal proportions it makes sense that focus is on the person who actually occupies the Oval Office and has their fingers on the nukes. You clearly hate Hillary and can't stand the flak that Trump is getting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhog)
    The man is constantly insulted by people who cannot digest that he beat Hillary, perfectly natural for him to hit back. It's pathetic to have all the Hollywood luvvies climbing over each other to express their 'horror', their butts stuck down so deep where the sun don't shine. Who they in this world, animated puppets with a delusional sense of self-importance most of them.
    He still lost the popular vote
    Not when he's president it isnt? It's a disgrace to the office and the country.
    As with Brexit, what we have is a 24/7 effort to completely sabotage democracy by people who don't even begin to understand it. It was the same with Bush, the BBC was constantly alluding to how thick he was back then.
    What can this thread possibly have to do with Brexit? I'm fairly sure, going by your sort on here, that all Brexstremists [as lets face it you all are] are aside from being ignorant of british democracy you're all incredibly paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhog)

Every president gets made fun of. During obama's era the republicans had an impersonator of him cracking jokes.

To respond with anger is something else, it shows how thin his skin is. And the more you respond, the more people will make fun of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCA2b)
    Billionaire chad president of the US.

Some virgin loser on SNL.

Must be sour grapes.
    Aren't chads supposed to be attractive?

ReputationRep:
    It has already been pointed out to you that 'Hollywood' is generally, by American standards, left-leaning and more inclined to support Democrat politicians, that's not news. The fact is that Hillary isn't of much relevancy as she's not The President. Even if Hillary and Trump were idiots of equal proportions it makes sense that focus is on the person who actually occupies the Oval Office and has their fingers on the nukes. You clearly hate Hillary and can't stand the flak that Trump is getting.
    You’re clearly trolling; I’ve already countered both the point about Hillary not being president and Hollywood being left leaning. On top of that, I’ve asked you to point out specifically what I’m trying to deflect from Trump

ReputationRep:
    You’re clearly trolling; I’ve already countered both the point about Hillary not being president and Hollywood being left leaning. On top of that, I’ve asked you to point out specifically what I’m trying to deflect from Trump
    Trump is The President, Hillary is not nor ever has been. Trump should expect to get roasted for his childishness and petulance given that he is The President. That you think left-leaning actors/comedians should spend as much time having a go at Hillary is absurd and can only imply that your dislike of her has got the better of your faculties. Just read the other responses to you, I'm not the only one who recognises the flaws in your reasoning. If you think I'm trolling then stop replying to me and I'll leave it at that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    Every president gets made fun of. During obama's era the republicans had an impersonator of him cracking jokes.

To respond with anger is something else, it shows how thin his skin is. And the more you respond, the more people will make fun of you.
    The Republicans hired one guy to impersonate Obama at their own rally. Outside of that the media generally went as far as they could to fawn obsequiously over Obama constantly - pretty much like they still do with Hillary. On the other hand Trump gets wall to wall to wall vitriol (which in some cases is deserved) but is clearly agenda based like no other President has ever faced. The parallel with Brexit is quite clear- the agenda they like is allowed to totally dominate and there is a sense that they think they can “undo” democracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    The Republicans hired one guy to impersonate Obama at their own rally. Outside of that the media generally went as far as they could to fawn obsequiously over Obama constantly - pretty much like they still do with Hillary. On the other hand Trump gets wall to wall to wall vitriol (which in some cases is deserved) but is clearly agenda based like no other President has ever faced. The parallel with Brexit is quite clear- the agenda they like is allowed to totally dominate and there is a sense that they think they can “undo” democracy.
    not true. i have not heard the media saying democracy should be undone.

The guy republicans hired to impersonate obama went on to various comedy show as a guest. so Its not "outside the media"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    The Republicans hired one guy...
    Then maybe the Republicans and their supporters should buy more comedians to attack their enemies. Maybe they should buy up more media too for the same purpose. Aren't Republicans supposed to see themselves as business savvy? It might just be that left-leaning people are more inclined towards and better at doing humour, at face value it looks like it. Right-wingers often seem better skilled at expressing their anger. Could be nothing in it but just saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdddd)
    Whats Trump done that is so wrong?...
    From the start he has consistently shown himself to be politically ignorant, narcissistic (obsessed with what everyone and anyone might be saying about him) and petulant. This man's small hands are on the big red nuclear button.

ReputationRep:
    From the start he has consistently shown himself to be politically ignorant, narcissistic (obsessed with what everyone and anyone might be saying about him) and petulant. This man's small hands are on the big red nuclear button.
    Must watch a lot of BBC news you. America has the best relations with China and Russia than it ever has had.. He also wants talks with North Korea.. Whos he going to fire a Nuclear button at? Explain what he's said to be politically ignorant and so he's allowed to be, im sure if I called you out on a big account and it was all over the news you would have a reaction to it! Have a nice day.

ReputationRep:
    Trump is The President, Hillary is not nor ever has been. Trump should expect to get roasted for his childishness and petulance given that he is The President.
    Any person is open to mocking but it's funny that you say Trump should get mocked for childishness; I would say imitating people is rather childish. More to the point, I haven't at any point said that Alec Baldwin shouldn't mock Trump so I'm not really sure what point you're making.

That you think left-leaning actors/comedians should spend as much time having a go at Hillary is absurd and can only imply that your dislike of her has got the better of your faculties.
    Where did I say that left leaning actors should spend as much time mocking Hillary as they do Trump? Please quote.

What you'll find I've said is that calling Trump a bad person is ironic when they flung their support behind crooked Hillary. It would be like me criticising Sadiq Khan for being a bad person but having supported Jayda Fransen in the last London mayoral election: it's very rich to criticise someone when you've supported someone equally as bad.

I've also said it's ridiculous that Hollywood essentially decided that it's left leaning so it would support whoever the candidate of the left is.

Just read the other responses to you, I'm not the only one who recognises the flaws in your reasoning. If you think I'm trolling then stop replying to me and I'll leave it at that.
    Outside of you, the last response to me was a joke and I'm still waiting for the person who responded before that to explain why Trump has been a 'disaster'. You're now trying to prop up your argument by saying 'other people disagree with you so you must be wrong' - ironically, sounds like the childish nonsense I would expect from a certain small handed president.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, comedians are often childish and mocking, it's a routine aspect of comedy, but childishness from The President is different, it is, or should be, both embarrassing and alarming. The President behaves like a petulant teenager and gets called out on it, it's that simple. Secondly, your whole argument seems predicated on everyone accepting that Hillary is in her own way as bad as, or worse than, Trump, but we don't have to accept this premise and nor do the comedians and celebrities who are critical of Trump. You simply lack a rational sense of perspective.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, comedians are often childish and mocking, it's a routine aspect of comedy, but childishness from The President is different, it is, or should be, both embarrassing and alarming. The President behaves like a petulant teenager and gets called out on it, it's that simple.
    Alec Baldwin doesn't call him out on his petulant behaviour he just mocks him, I don't find it that strange that someone would react to being mocked on national television on a regular basis. I also didn't find it strange that Obama chose to respond to Trump claiming that he wasn't born in the US. I would agree it's not very presidential of him to tweet the way he does but it would be strange for him to win the election behaving in one and then suddenly change, I'd feel a bit cheated if I voted for the Trump of the election and then he suddenly changed.

Secondly, your whole argument seems predicated on everyone accepting that Hillary is in her own way as bad as, or worse than, Trump, but we don't have to accept this premise and nor do the comedians and celebrities who are critical of Trump.
    I completely agree that neither you nor anyone else has to accept that Crooked Hillary is as bad as Trump, what I was actually expecting was responses whereby people pointed out the terrible things that Trump has done which make him worse than Crooked Hillary.

You simply lack a rational sense of perspective.
    Having a different opinion to you doesn't mean I don't have a rational perspective. I'm quite indifferent toward politics in general and I've only ever really liked a handful of politicians, usually because they seem like people that I'd like. What I don't like is people behaving like hypocrites but not willing to accept they are. I also find it quite worrying how Hollywood seems to have this culture where everyone is forced to follow this same left wing line. Before you claim that it's because it doesn't follow what I believe, I'd find it equally worrying if they all followed a right wing line.

ReputationRep:
    ...Crooked Hillary...Crooked Hillary...
    I'm quite indifferent toward politics in general...
    Condemned by your own words. Personally I can't wait for the next time Alec or one of the gang mocks Trump. You, I imagine, will be in tears again.

ReputationRep:
    Condemned by your own words. Personally I can't wait for the next time Alec or one of the gang mocks Trump. You, I imagine, will be in tears again.
    Finding a silly joke funny means I must be a massive Trump fan, of well done for ignoring the whole post including where I asked you to back up the claims you made about things I’ve apparently said.

ReputationRep:
    He is supposed to be The President and above the need to spend his time in petty narcissistic defences of this kind when there are bigger issues in the world. The fact is that Trump's ego and his petulance can't help but constantly break out.
    He's not expected to be the President; he is the President. You are just use to public figures acting a certain way; the same.
    You folks should know better that to expect any man to be as righteous as we expect those who serve in public office to be.

Trump only knows how to be Trump and where is it written that egotistical, and petulant people aren't as capable as most deadhead politicians are at tackeling the "bigger issues" in the world.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.