Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Only a few people say it's nice and it's from like 4 years ago, others say try to avoid it. So i thought i should choose other places...? And do you think it's too late to go for henry price? i just want to stay on or near campus and crossing out the expensive ones these are the only choices i have. please help!

ReputationRep:
    I've never known of anyone to live in the smaller residences
    It's not too late to apply for Henry price - Leeds don't do a first come first served situation so everyone has an equal chance to get the accommodation they want
    Montague Burton or Leodis might also be good for you - they really aren't far from campus

(Original post by iElvendork)
    I've never known of anyone to live in the smaller residences
    It's not too late to apply for Henry price - Leeds don't do a first come first served situation so everyone has an equal chance to get the accommodation they want
    Montague Burton or Leodis might also be good for you - they really aren't far from campus
    Thanks a lot!
    One more question though, it is possible to change accommodation during semesters or will I have to stick with it the whole year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oreooreo)
    Thanks a lot!
    One more question though, it is possible to change accommodation during semesters or will I have to stick with it the whole year?
    I think there's something where after a few weeks you can change, but only if you find someone willing to swap with you

(Original post by iElvendork)
    I think there's something where after a few weeks you can change, but only if you find someone willing to swap with you
    Okay so that's not likely to happen i guess. but thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    I live in smaller residences! I'm in a 16 person house. Rooms are bigger than halls enough and toilets and showers to accommodate us all. On campus too, which is great, so no spending money on bus fairs. Own washing machines too, so no spending money on those either.
    Only hassle is Morrisons is about 15 mins walk away which is a bit far to carry heavy bags. However there is a small tesco and the union shop essentials on campus and tesco five mins away, but more expensive.
    I'd say go for smaller residences if you want a social life without all the hassles of halls (e.g. loud music all the time).
    Also, you can swap halls. I lived in Lupton and moved to smaller residences. You can either swap with someone else, or transfer. I transferred to an empty room.

(Original post by imherpacifier)
    I live in smaller residences! I'm in a 16 person house. Rooms are bigger than halls enough and toilets and showers to accommodate us all. On campus too, which is great, so no spending money on bus fairs. Own washing machines too, so no spending money on those either.
    Only hassle is Morrisons is about 15 mins walk away which is a bit far to carry heavy bags. However there is a small tesco and the union shop essentials on campus and tesco five mins away, but more expensive.
    I'd say go for smaller residences if you want a social life without all the hassles of halls (e.g. loud music all the time).
    Also, you can swap halls. I lived in Lupton and moved to smaller residences. You can either swap with someone else, or transfer. I transferred to an empty room.
    Thanks for such details! I chose other halls but it nice to know that I can transfer later.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.