The Student Room Group

My dream is to be a musician, any suggestions?

My parents don’t know about it yet but my dream is to be a lyricist but i highly doubt I’ll make it big due to me being the fact that I’m an outcast and I’m mentally enslaved.
Go for your dream even if people say you can't make it. Just go for it. I want to have a career in music and be a musician and have gig's but I always have my mom being like its not worth it all the time. Don't lesson to people saying you won't make it. You won't make if you don't try.
Original post by Anonymous
My parents don’t know about it yet but my dream is to be a lyricist but i highly doubt I’ll make it big due to me being the fact that I’m an outcast and I’m mentally enslaved.

No idea what being an "outcast" would have to do with being a lyricist, and whatever "mentally enslaved" is meant to mean is likely just as irrelevant. If you want to do something, do it, don't put up walls for yourself before you've even begun.
Don’t do it! Find something else to do. If you wanna be A BIG rockstar, Worldknown etc. you’re gonna have to sell your soul to the devil, he’s you’ll get all you desire, but it will come at a price (you’ll be miserable, considerably working doing his bad deeds) anything abominable unspeakable you’ll have to do, drink blood, eat feces, drink urine, etc etc.
Original post by Unspeakon Truth
Don’t do it! Find something else to do. If you wanna be A BIG rockstar, Worldknown etc. you’re gonna have to sell your soul to the devil, he’s you’ll get all you desire, but it will come at a price (you’ll be miserable, considerably working doing his bad deeds) anything abominable unspeakable you’ll have to do, drink blood, eat feces, drink urine, etc etc.

That's absolutely not how deals with the devil work, not least given its a metaphorical expression.

as ford advice - be lucky as ****, you've got to have talent and you've got to obsess over it, make it your priority, but plenty of musicians have that and never move beyond local circuits.
Writing music and playing music are very different prospects.

I imagine working as a lyricist is much more feasible than the above comments suggest, compared with being a singer.
Saw this article earlier and it might be of interest to you "10 types of songwriter jobs"- https://bandzoogle.com/blog/10-types-of-songwriter-jobs?lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_feed%3BldJByinIRN2vzR5VVOprbQ%3D%3D

Quick Reply

Latest