Do you ever feel like you will be alone forever? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know I do!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by njc313245)
    I know I do!
    Yes, but I don't think about it a lot and I actually try to 'meet someone' anyway

ReputationRep:
    Yes lol, but I try to be optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    After 4 years of failed dating it is hard to think otherwise!

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. But I don't care, I've learned to accept it.

ReputationRep:
    Totally! All the odds are stacked against someone like me in the dating world.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i think this! But same as the others, i have learnt to acccept it (until i get feelings for someone and i get the impression that they like me back so it messes with my head) I go by life now as if it happends it happends,or if its meant to be its meant to be.. something like that
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes, it's very easy to imagine being alone forever. I've accepted that as a possibility and it doesn't really bother me.

Equally it's easy to imagine not being alone forever. I've still go plenty of years ahead of me and I don't think my history of dating is representative of my future. I could also quite happily see me being in a relationship in the future. Either outcome is fine with me, whatever happens happens.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but its not something im worried about, at least not now anyway. Im still young and i got better things to focus on

ReputationRep:
    No but i feel like its going to be in my late 20’s because of many reasons that i’m working on.

ReputationRep:
    There's no doubt that multiple blow outs become crushing. But I think the drive to find a partner and to get your oats is resilient and persistent. Also I see that the attractive set also get more rejection angst than you might imagine.

ReputationRep:
    Girls perceive me as incredibly boring, my sense of humour is stupid and my interests and passions aren't shared by anyone I know and I struggle to believe that there exists a woman who is interested by WW2 on the Eastern front, enjoys listen to pomp and circumstance (not just the first movement thing), and enjoys just being outside and doing things.

I will be alone forever and it’s so sad
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AxSirlotl)
    Girls perceive me as incredibly boring, my sense of humour is stupid and my interests and passions aren't shared by anyone I know and I struggle to believe that there exists a woman who is interested by WW2 on the Eastern front, enjoys listen to pomp and circumstance (not just the first movement thing), and enjoys just being outside and doing things.
    If you're good looking, nobody gives a flying **** about whether you're boring or humourless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    If you're good looking, nobody gives a flying **** about whether you're boring or humourless.
    Well I'm clearly in luck since I'm 5'6 and "average" according to a girl friend. It's very hard for someone in my situation to find a compatible partner due to my interests but also because height is such a huge factor to women.

ReputationRep:
    we should all just pair up on here

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm clearly in luck since I'm 5'6 and "average" according to a girl friend. It's very hard for someone in my situation to find a compatible partner due to my interests but also because height is such a huge factor to women.
    Yep, I am not gonna sugar coat it, you're out of luck. Unless you become a multi-millionaire, in which case, you can be 4'10'', look like an ogre and include bird watching in your list of interests and still, women will love you.

So my earlier statement was half-wrong. You don't have to be good looking. You can also be rich. If you're both then I think at a certain point, you will turn gay 'cos you'd be sick of all the pussy.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, 80 years will go by soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    Yep, I am not gonna sugar coat it, you're out of luck. Unless you become a multi-millionaire, in which case, you can be 4'10'', look like an ogre and include bird watching in your list of interests and still, women will love you.

So my earlier statement was half-wrong. You don't have to be good looking. You can also be rich. If you're both then I think at a certain point, you will turn gay 'cos you'd be sick of all the pussy.
    I'm just pursuing what makes me happy which currently is history. I live for myself and those important in me. I don't support the idea of partaking in something where you aren't judged on your ability or who you are as a person, but instead by intangeable features such as height.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just pursuing what makes me happy which currently is history. I live for myself and those important in me. I don't support the idea of partaking in something where you aren't judged on your ability or who you are as a person, but instead by intangeable features such as height.
    Haha, yes, you shouldn't "partake". I guarantee you however, a **** ton of women do "partake". And I am not referring just to height here, it's a big factor but not the only one. Generally, looks are very important.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.