Turn on thread page Beta

Do boys find girls more attractive with or without makeup? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do boys find girls more attractive with or without makeup?
    Girls who look after their looks, their fitness and health etc are attractive, makeup can be attractive but only when it's subtle. But I would want to see the person under the makeup eventually.

(Original post by cat_mac)
    I find on here that people comment on my appearance rather than what i’m saying when it has nothing to do with the topic. I’ll make a relevant and thought through comment, wanting a debate or a different view point, and hit back with “u got snap?”.
    Pretty girls get treated a lot better, and are generally valued higher by society. It’s unfair but that’s life.
    Lol girl. If it's bothering you that people only judge you on here based off of your appearance and disregard your points, then change your pic. It is true though, people on here probably do value you more because they can see you're attractive. I'm assuming a lot of your reps are just from thirsty guys. I'd probably upload a pic of myself for the ego boost as well but I don't really want people recognising me.

ReputationRep:
    Lol girl. If it's bothering you that people only judge you on here based off of your appearance and disregard your points, then change your pic. It is true though, people on here probably do value you more because they can see you're attractive. I'm assuming a lot of your reps are just from thirsty guys. I'd probably upload a pic of myself for the ego boost as well but I don't really want people recognising me.
    tbh I changed my pic and immediately got so much more attention from guys though, but unfortunatelty some people irl have recognised me

ReputationRep:
    It amuses me more than anything. I’d hope I earn my reps from people who agree with or relate to what I say, and i’m not going to discredit anyone who has repped me by implying that they’re that superficial.

I use my picture because I didn’t realise this forum was so anonymous, so I used a profile picture like I would anywhere else online. I’m not going to change it now just because people think i’m “fishing for compliments” or wanting an “ego boost”. Frankly, if I wanted some reinforcement i’d just go out and get it from people in real life, not anonymous people on a student forum.

Why you choose to hide yourself is your business, I don’t say anything on here that I wouldn’t want anyone irl to see, I have no reason to hide who I am.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I like make-up, but subtle.

ReputationRep:
    It amuses me more than anything. I’d hope I earn my reps from people who agree with or relate to what I say, and i’m not going to discredit anyone who has repped me by implying that they’re that superficial.

I use my picture because I didn’t realise this forum was so anonymous, so I used a profile picture like I would anywhere else online. I’m not going to change it now just because people think i’m “fishing for compliments” or wanting an “ego boost”. Frankly, if I wanted some reinforcement i’d just go out and get it from people in real life, not anonymous people on a student forum.

Why you choose to hide yourself is your business, I don’t say anything on here that I wouldn’t want anyone irl to see, I have no reason to hide who I am.
    Personally I chose not to rep you in order to avoid beiing seen as repping superficially.

(Original post by justanotherchica)
    tbh I changed my pic and immediately got so much more attention from guys though, but unfortunatelty some people irl have recognised me
    lol I'm not surprised (rip fasih). u r stunning

ReputationRep:
    Some girls do look better in makeup, no doubt. But if I'm with you in a relationship and living with you for example, I'd obviously see you washing your hair or brushing your teeth or helping me with something or vice versa, so the idea that girls feel pressured to wear makeup to cover up tiny spots or whatever or seem more attractive for their spouse is stupid. Personally, I'd prefer a partner without makeup- I don't want a doll, I want someone who has little cute imperfections that makes them who they are.

ReputationRep:
    i think my girlfriend looks great with an without make up

ReputationRep:
    lol I'm not surprised (rip fasih). u r stunning
    thx for proving my point

ReputationRep:
    It depends, if it is a special occasion e.g. birthday party or something I will find make up attractive, but I hate every day make up.

(Original post by justanotherchica)
    thx for proving my point
    i'm a girl btw lol, not a thirsty guy

ReputationRep:
    Depends who and depends how much. Some girls can be really attractive without makeup but most look better with a bit on, that's the ehole point in make up, but it is a massive turn off and makes girls look really unattractive when they wear loads. People will have different perceptions on how much is a lot but I think it should still look quite natural not obvious that you have a lot on.

Idgaf if people don’t like arrogance, if someone compliments me on my hair being nice I’ll say “thanks! It took me hours and I took hundreds of selfies when I was done because I look bomb”. If I spend time on my appearance, and agree with a compliment i’m arrogant?
    From your picture I think you are good looking but honestly you just look really smug in it. Makes you look kind of standoffish and slightly annoying sorry. I think it's because you're looking up and away from the camera. Reminds me of the myspace days.

ReputationRep:
    Without, a girl's face without makeup will tell me if superficially like her on not instantly.

I find boys attractive!!!

ReputationRep:
    From your picture I think you are good looking but honestly you just look really smug in it. Makes you look kind of standoffish and slightly annoying sorry. I think it's because you're looking up and away from the camera. Reminds me of the myspace days.
    I reeeallly don’t care.

Submissions for what anonymous people think of me based on a photo never opened. Opinions sent in when the submission line is closed will not be counted but WILL still be charged the standard voting fee.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think with makeup but I also think it’s such a great moment when you see her without it, and it’d probably be a stronger feeling that’s better than just attraction… but like someone with make up is more likely to make me wow than someone without. I think minimal makeup is best because when she takes it off it’s not like WOW who’s this??

ReputationRep:
    Tbh without; I would like a girl for their personality rather than their looks. If they happen to be pretty, then that's fine but it's honestly not the be all and end all.

ReputationRep:
    I reeeallly don’t care.

Submissions for what anonymous people think of me based on a photo never opened. Opinions sent in when the submission line is closed will not be counted but WILL still be charged the standard voting fee.
    Nothing like some good ol’ attitude! Take what they said as a compliment, some guys are just easily intimidated, better to scare them off than attract them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.