Turn on thread page Beta

Do boys find girls more attractive with or without makeup? watch

• Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do boys find girls more attractive with or without makeup?
    Not all boys are the same.

Some girls use too much and can look awful.

Personally I prefer girls who are comfy with or without it and they should do what makes them happy rather than being pressured.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen makeup do wonders for some girls, have little to no impact for other girls and rarely, bringing down the attraction for few girls (maybe coz they're unskilled or just that their face structure or skin tone is better without makeup).

Edit: To answer your Q, yes I do, as long as it complements your face.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear makeup and I've never had any negative comments on my appearance but I don't really like how some people apply tonnes of makeup so it's noticeable because I feel that they loose their natural beauty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    It often feels like the most important thing about you in the eyes of others. I find on here that people comment on my appearance rather than what i’m saying when it has nothing to do with the topic. I’ll make a relevant and thought through comment, wanting a debate or a different view point, and hit back with “u got snap?”.
    Pretty girls get treated a lot better, and are generally valued higher by society. It’s unfair but that’s life.

We’re asked why we value appearance but are surrounded by unattainable beauty in the media, advertisements telling you to buy something to look better, people commenting on your looks. Parents tell their little girls that they’re “the most beautiful girl in the world” and other parents comment on how cute she is. They tell little boys that they’re good at what they’re doing and encourage them to be active and “be boys”. From a young age it’s made clear that beauty is our greatest asset, and is reaffirmed throughout our lives by loved ones and strangers alike.

Being conscious of how we look is part of our lives and how we’ve grown up. Beautiful girls have to fight to be taken seriously and respected as an intellectual person, “ugly” girls have to fight to get the attention of people to listen to what they have to say.

We’re rated out of ten from irrelevant to eye-candy, then asked why we care about our position on the scale that measures how much people value us.
    U got snap?

Women rate me out of 10 irl too, unsolicited. Women rate men out of 10 all the time. Male beauty is also incredibly important, almost as important. But a guy can get away with being an ugly ******* if he's physically very big, which makes me very angry.

ReputationRep:
    Also I'm a typical partyboy and even I say TOO much makeup can look really bad. Unless the girl is a pro at applying it. Some girls look absolutely ****ing PATHETIC and terrible, like Halloween mask tier makeup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyDennis)
    U got snap?

Women rate me out of 10 irl too, unsolicited. Women rate men out of 10 all the time. Male beauty is also incredibly important, almost as important. But a guy can get away with being an ugly ******* if he's physically very big, which makes me very angry.
    Really don’t get why my answer being about women, to a question about women, is being interpreted as a negative thing towards men? Of course men face these struggles to.

If someone asked “does getting it hit in the head with a football hurt?” and I answered “yes, I got hit in the head with a football yesterday and it hurt like hell.” Am I saying getting hit in the head with a frying pan doesn’t hurt? Or any other object? Of course not. So why is taking about something that’s difficult as a women seen as claiming men have it easy?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Really don’t get why my answer being about women, to a question about women, is being interpreted as a negative thing towards men? Of course men face these struggles to.

If someone asked “does getting it hit in the head with a football hurt?” and I answered “yes, I got hit in the head with a football yesterday and it hurt like hell.” Am I saying getting hit in the head with a frying pan doesn’t hurt? Or any other object? Of course not. So why is taking about something that’s difficult as a women seen as claiming men have it easy?
    Just a false assumption on my end...

ReputationRep:
    I prefer girls to be natural-looking. Make-up's only purpose is to show sexual attraction (lips and cheeks both go red during sexual arousal). If a girl isn't displaying this kind of signalling, then it says a lot about her character - in a positive way.

I reeeally don’t care at all if you think agreeing with a compliment is shallow. I don’t owe anything to strangers who decide to comment on my appearance, especially when their opinion wasn’t asked for.

I’d rather be perceived as arrogant than act like the un asked for opinion of a stranger on how I look is something that deserves respect or an answer that makes them feel like they’ve helped someone with low self esteem realise their beauty. Such bs.
    Do you not agree that using a picture of yourself (on a forum where people normally don't) is opening yourself up for judgement though? And don't use that 'oh I didn't realise how anonymous online forums were'

ReputationRep:
    Do you not agree that using a picture of yourself (on a forum where people normally don't) is opening yourself up for judgement though? And don't use that 'oh I didn't realise how anonymous online forums were'
    How sad is it that having a picture of yourself for the profile of your account is “opening yourself for judgement” like for real? Should I start wearing a paper bag over my head in public incase someone feels like seeing my face is an invitation to comment on it?

I didn’t think twice about putting my picture on here until it was up and people made judgements. Either way, peoples opinions about me are not being asked for directly or indirectly. Personally I think it’s sad that people feel like it’s necessary to hide who they are in fear of being judged. :dontknow:

How sad is it that having a picture of yourself for the profile of your account is “opening yourself for judgement” like for real? Should I start wearing a paper bag over my head in public incase someone feels like seeing my face is an invitation to comment on it?

I didn’t think twice about putting my picture on here until it was up and people made judgements. Either way, peoples opinions about me are not being asked for directly or indirectly. Personally I think it’s sad that people feel like it’s necessary to hide who they are in fear of being judged. :dontknow:
    Do what you want, but you can't really criticise people for making comments regarding your picture. It's up there for judgement along with the posts that you make. If you really didn't want unsolicited opinions, you wouldn't have a picture of yourself. It's pretty simple. It was you who's saying you don't want people to comment on your looks/judging you, and you don't want people disregarding your posts and asking for your snap. But I'm guessing for you the compliments and attention outweigh any critical remarks and unwanted attention from lower status guys.

ReputationRep:
    Do what you want, but you can't really criticise people for making comments regarding your picture. It's up there for judgement along with the posts that you make. If you really didn't want unsolicited opinions, you wouldn't have a picture of yourself. It's pretty simple. It was you who's saying you don't want people to comment on your looks/judging you, and you don't want people disregarding your posts and asking for your snap. But I'm guessing for you the compliments and attention outweigh any critical remarks and unwanted attention from lower status guys.
    Must be nice behind anon, where you can pass judgement on others without consequence or responsibility for what you say. If you’ve got some big issue with me stop being a coward and at least put a username to the judgements?

Back at it agin with this “lower status guys” bs
    Really couldn’t give a toss about what people think, but I still strongly disagree that the ability to see my face is asking for opinions on it. You just repeat what you’ve already written regardless of what I say, clearly talking to a brick wall here. You’ve made your judgements many times already, if you haven’t got anything new to say then move along.

Must be nice behind anon, where you can pass judgement on others without consequence or responsibility for what you say. If you’ve got some big issue with me stop being a coward and at least put a username to the judgements?

Back at it agin with this “lower status guys” bs
    Really couldn’t give a toss about what people think, but I still strongly disagree that the ability to see my face is asking for opinions on it. You just repeat what you’ve already written regardless of what I say, clearly talking to a brick wall here. You’ve made your judgements many times already, if you haven’t got anything new to say then move along.
    I replied to two of your points in your previous post? I don't even have an issue with people using pictures of themselves. It's the fact that you then complain that people judge you from your picture. It's like if bang outta order started complaining that people only look at his muscles or criticise his body. Your argument isn't very consistent. Sometimes you say you like the attention, sometimes you say you don't like that people ask for your snap.

ReputationRep:
    I replied to two of your points in your previous post? I don't even have an issue with people using pictures of themselves. It's the fact that you then complain that people judge you from your picture. It's like if bang outta order started complaining that people only look at his muscles or criticise his body. Your argument isn't very consistent. Sometimes you say you like the attention, sometimes you say you don't like that people ask for your snap.
    So I should just shut up and never talk about it then? God forbid I mention something that happens to me that was relative to what I was saying.

My “argument” isn’t an argument, I’m explaining my reason why I have my picture and what things happen because of it. Nowhere did I ask for peoples opinion on whether I am “asking for it” or for a debate on whether i’m lying about my intentions. And that “liking the attention” comment was on another thread in an entirely different context from what I remember?

All you’ve done is imply that i’m an attention seeker and a liar and I really cba with it anymore. Someone asked a question, I answered it and the thread became an attack on my use of a picture which is sooo not a big deal. Really over this now.

I reeeally don’t care at all if you think agreeing with a compliment is shallow. I don’t owe anything to strangers who decide to comment on my appearance, especially when their opinion wasn’t asked for.

I’d rather be perceived as arrogant than act like the un asked for opinion of a stranger on how I look is something that deserves respect or an answer that makes them feel like they’ve helped someone with low self esteem realise their beauty. Such bs.
    It's not about deserving respect or making them feel as if they have helped someone, it's just common courtesy to be kind if someone is kind to you back. If you held a door open for someone, and they just walked through it and said "I didn't ask for you to open the door for me", I'm pretty sure you would be quite miffed. To be completely honest, I'd hate to be around someone as egotistical as you, and if you "reeeally don't care", then cool. Have you been diagnosed with NPD at any point? If not, I suggest you go get yourself checked out

Oh, and don't bang your head on the door frame on the way out

ReputationRep:
    (coming from a male here) I think with a little if you're embarrassed of some of your features, but I think having good skin is better than covering it with makeup. I also think that having so much makeup on that your face shines and you look like a different person completely defeats the point of trying to make yourself look better, since really it's not even you anymore; it's you trying to look like someone you're not. But honestly, I'd love to see more girls wearing no makeup. The only reason I think so many males are picky about girls without makeup is because now it's not the norm for people to go to school and work without makeup and it looks weird to some people.

ReputationRep:
    It's not about deserving respect or making them feel as if they have helped someone, it's just common courtesy to be kind if someone is kind to you back. If you held a door open for someone, and they just walked through it and said "I didn't ask for you to open the door for me", I'm pretty sure you would be quite miffed. To be completely honest, I'd hate to be around someone as egotistical as you, and if you "reeeally don't care", then cool. Have you been diagnosed with NPD at any point? If not, I suggest you go get yourself checked out

Oh, and don't bang your head on the door frame on the way out
    So i’m a narcissist if I don’t hate myself, got it.

I’m not going to timidly thank someone and blush and look away because some random thinks messaging me on ig saying “gurl your so hot” is somehow giving me a gift.
    “Be kind if someone is kind back”? I don’t consider guys seeing a picture of me and sliding in dms with “u thicc, whats ur snap?” as being “kind”or common courtesy.

It’s like being at the opposite end of a long corridor and there’s someone standing at the end holding a door, two minute walk in awkward silence and you give him an uncomfortable smile as you walk through the door and he goes “no thank you? Feminist b*tch I was just being nice” like, nah. I didn’t ask you to hold the door for me.

ReputationRep:
    With. Otherwise make up would be pointless and wouldn’t exist. You can over do it though, which looks kinda silly to me.

So i’m a narcissist if I don’t hate myself, got it.
    I wouldn't expect someone who writes such well-thought through arguments to stoop to such statements, guess you're still a child then :^_^:

I’m not going to timidly thank someone and blush and look away because some random thinks messaging me on ig saying “gurl your so hot” is somehow giving me a gift.
    “Be kind if someone is kind back”? I don’t consider guys seeing a picture of me and sliding in dms with “u thicc, whats ur snap?” as being “kind”or common courtesy.

It’s like being at the opposite end of a long corridor and there’s someone standing at the end holding a door, two minute walk in awkward silence and you give him an uncomfortable smile as you walk through the door and he goes “no thank you? Feminist b*tch I was just being nice” like, nah. I didn’t ask you to hold the door for me.
    First of all: the definition of "compliment" (as said by Google) is: a polite expression of praise or admiration.

Saying "u thicc, whats ur snap?" is just being stupid and not a compliment and you know it, that's why I specifically used the word compliment, and I'm sure you know what I mean by that (but I'll explain to you what a real compliment is, since you clearly don't know what the word actually means) e.g. "Hey, you look pretty" and saying that in person is what I meant, not online messaging (sorry if I did not clarify this). Nevertheless, you already attested that you would reply "true" or "I know" to them, which makes you very arrogant.

If someone says "no thank you? Feminist b*tch etc etc" that just means they're out for their own approval and being extremely arrogant, and you should probably just avoid them seeing as they're just an all-round a-hole and you're better than them. But the real question is, who the hell opens a door for two whole minutes? You should stop twisting example situations to such far-fetched examples because, in reality, that is extremely unlikely to happen, and twisting said examples into such improbable circumstances just to back your argument is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Without.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.