Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi,

I need to find a way to keep fit without any costs at all, that is not hazardous to health.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Then do pull ups from a tree branch.

There are a thousand and one body weight regimes available on the internet. Running shoes do not cost that much. Etc.

You don't need to spend money to be fit.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, there’s loads of workout programmes on the internet/App Store/YouTube that you can do. Going for a run is also an option if you like running. If you go somewhere like decathlon then you could bag yourself some reasonably priced equipment if you have a bit of money to spare.

Hope this helps!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Why post this again?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Running and/or workout/stretching costs very little, and is very effective.

ReputationRep:
    Go run fatty pum pum, jk just do push-ups, sit-ups, google muscular endurance exercises, u will find many

ReputationRep:
    Use the app '8fit'. It provides you with many home workouts which do not require equipment and are all bodyweight exercises.
    There is an option to add weights(a full water bottle can be used as a substitute if these are not available) to them once you have a heightened fitness level, or if you want to challenge yourself.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Running and weight lifting* are free and you can do it anywhere.

* you can use your uni text books/your TV/your friend/a giant brick as weights.

ReputationRep:
    Work out at home. Costs nothing to do HIIT

ReputationRep:
    Walk, run, stretch, pull ups, sit ups, press ups, climb a tree, bench press your small friends, go on a night out in a very rough area and learn to fight, get yourself a cheap *****y bike and a helmet and zoom away into the rising sun.

The only scary part of working out broke is that it needs self motivation and effort 'cause you can't exactly do the gym and go and be around a bunch of super motivated people to keep you...er... motivated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

I need to find a way to keep fit without any costs at all, that is not hazardous to health.

Thanks
    walking and running are free as is swimming in the sea but quite chilly in the middle of winter.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but having little money is absolutely no excuse for not maintaining a healthy lifestyle and exercising. How much does it cost to set up a circuit in the local park? Press ups, sit ups, burpees, sprints etc etc

ReputationRep:
    fitnessblender on youtube.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'm not sure why people are saying running is free when you need half decent shoes to begin with. But yes, walking is free,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juvilation)
    Go run fatty pum pum, jk just do push-ups, sit-ups, google muscular endurance exercises, u will find many
    fatty pum pum..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    I'm not sure why people are saying running is free when you need half decent shoes to begin with. But yes, walking is free,
    https://www.shoezone.com/Products/Wa...iABEgIQrPD_BwE

Worked well enough for PE, good enough for running.

ReputationRep:
    I call b-u-ll-s-h-i-t. If you're 'too broke' how can you afford a laptop and a smartphone?

ReputationRep:
    Go outside for a jog.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Appleorpear)
    https://www.shoezone.com/Products/Wa...iABEgIQrPD_BwE

Worked well enough for PE, good enough for running.
    They have no grip on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    They have no grip on them.
    those are obviously terrible but normal trainers (which pretty much everyone owns) aren't going to do a real beginner too much damage for a while so OP could get started

I wouldn't recommend new urnners get proper shoes to begin with cos most give up... obviously anyone sticking with running should buy running specific shoes, but you don't have to spend a lot on them if you shop around for a bargain, my last pair cost <£40 (and I'm not buying crappy shoes! they were brooks adrenaline, full price is like £120 or something) and I've only spent more than £60 twice and I've been running for like 10 years

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.