choichoi
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I wanted to study my alevels online because I hate going to school, but I wanna keep learning. I was wondering if anyone who had studied with oxbridge home learning could tell me what their experience was like and they’d recommend it to me.
DaleGavin
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
i did 3 a levels with them last year and passed my exams, except one which i'm retaking but was my own fault really lol as physics just isn't my strongest subject, all in all it worked out well with them. good luck
choichoi
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks for your response! If you don’t mind me asking, what were exam fees like and are there any additional costs besides exam fees and what you pay for the course?
CarlyA1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I've done my courses with Oxbridge too, I was very impressed. My tutors were really supportive. I didnt have any external exams so not sure of costs.
mattni
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CarlyA1)
I've done my courses with Oxbridge too, I was very impressed. My tutors were really supportive. I didnt have any external exams so not sure of costs.
did you have to provide proof of any previous qualifications such as maths, english ect?
username5561114
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DaleGavin)
i did 3 a levels with them last year and passed my exams, except one which i'm retaking but was my own fault really lol as physics just isn't my strongest subject, all in all it worked out well with them. good luck
could you get a predicted grade by them?
hijarbie2019
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
yes my tutor said u can
username5561114
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by hijarbie2019)
yes my tutor said u can
what subject do you do?
also are you currently doing Oxbridge home learning or did it in the past?
hijarbie2019
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by vis.rr)
what subject do you do?
also are you currently doing Oxbridge home learning or did it in the past?
im in second year so yr13 and im doing sociology law and RE
username5561114
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
im in second year so yr13 and im doing sociology law and RE
how are you going to get your reference?
hijarbie2019
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
how are you going to get your reference?
i have a tutor for each subjects and by the end of chapter i do assignments i complete then submit it to the teacher to mark and i think they look at how u do in all the assignments u completed then give you a predicted grade for UCAS
hijarbie2019
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
oh i haven't asked about that yet let me message my tutor he said hes willing to help with my personal statement so he will probs give me an academic refrence based on my grades
username5561114
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
oh i haven't asked about that yet let me message my tutor he said hes willing to help with my personal statement so he will probs give me an academic refrence based on my grades
i asked my tutor and she said they are not allowed to give references
hijarbie2019
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
i asked my tutor and she said they are not allowed to give references
oh what do u study mine hasnt gotten back to me and you dont have to include a refrence as long as you contact all 5 uni choices before hand and girl u yr13 ?
username5561114
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
h

i have a tutor for each subjects and by the end of chapter i do assignments i complete then submit it to the teacher to mark and i think they look at how u do in all the assignments u completed then give you a predicted grade for UCAS
how are you going to put the predicted grade on UCAS?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (28)
30.43%
Take a gap year (14)
15.22%
Resit my exams (23)
25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (12)
13.04%
I don't know yet (10)
10.87%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
5.43%

Watched Threads