Turn on thread page Beta

So i just had the weirdest dream;
    - i could half see stuff; my eyes were half open in the dream and i couldn’t get them to open properly nor fully. Sometimes when i moved around the sight in front of me would not change and the same image would stay. It was like my eyes were basically paralysed.

- in the same dream i also went on a date with one of my boy friends to McDonald’s and then we kissed (don’t know if that means anything)

- but more towards the eye one, there was a lot of red in the area (school and home). This is not the first time I’ve had a dream like this, i had it before where i was in the shop with my parents.

The dream felt so realistic it scared me so much. I don’t know what this means could anyone help me?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    - i could half see stuff; my eyes were half open in the dream and i couldn’t get them to open properly nor fully. Sometimes when i moved around the sight in front of me would not change and the same image would stay. It was like my eyes were basically paralysed.

- in the same dream i also went on a date with one of my boy friends to McDonald’s and then we kissed (don’t know if that means anything)

- but more towards the eye one, there was a lot of red in the area (school and home). This is not the first time I’ve had a dream like this, i had it before where i was in the shop with my parents.

The dream felt so realistic it scared me so much. I don’t know what this means could anyone help me?
    Im no expert but if you think about it your only able to partially view your surroundings maybe you are going through something where you feel as if what your doing isn't making sense to you??? Like you cant see the full picture or somat. The red around your home and school could mean that thats where its coming from like it has something to do with those places that is making you not be able to understand something properly?

ReputationRep:
    it means you should eat more ravioli

ReputationRep:
    you may have repressed feelings for one of your male friends..

ReputationRep:
    Dreams are literally just a jumble of random things from your brain. Some things that happen might be related to something you saw that day e.g a dream featuring apples because you bought some apples that day or whatever. They don't mean anything.

Seriously, I had a dream were our plan crashed into a dream and we were picked up by a giant pterodactyl. It flew us into space and let us go. There some space whales (like the one from Doctor Who) in space and an old lady feel out the plane. There is no significance to this dream at expect for the fact I maybe thought about dinosaurs during the day and space.

Your dream means nothing at all.

ReputationRep:
    Too much cheese before bedtime.

(Original post by JustACoincidence)
    Dreams are literally just a jumble of random things from your brain... Your dream means nothing at all.
    This.

However, to be safe, if it genuinely, really badly scared you, see your GP. They're the first port of call if there's a possibility of some underlying mental or physical problem. They may recommend counselling, or not to frighten you (I hope), a CT scan, just to make sure.

Personally, I'd try not to dwell on it, let alone try and decipher any hidden meaning. Don't worry unless it develops into a regular occurrence.

ReputationRep:
    What did you order at McDonalds tho?

ReputationRep:
    I was kidnapped by dinosaurs in a dream once

ReputationRep:
    Dreams are bits of brain garbage stuck together. Not worth interpreting unless you start hitting some recurring themes through multiple dreams.

ReputationRep:
    you should seek the advice of Professor Trelawney

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your attention is being drawn away from your school and your home and perhaps you need to be careful on the way you see things? Idk just guessing

ReputationRep:
    The part where you couldn’t see everything could mean a lot of things. First it could be a fear of not seing everything, or not live to the fullest to not fully do things. But it depends a lot of your story. Second per could the affection that you have for him doesn’t necessarily means love

The only way to interpret a dream is that something's been playing on your mind and your subconscious has been trying to make sense of it. You shouldn't try to read anything more into that.

ReputationRep:
    as a Christian i believe that God can use dreams to guide us. however i do not think your dream about going to McDonalds falls into that category.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you aren't seeing something in real life? As in, there's something going on in your life that you're completely oblivious to?

Or it could just be the randomness of dreams... I'm no expert!

ReputationRep:

There is a lot of things you can say, including nothing if you want. A lot of successful people note their dreams in a journal/notebook. The brain is apparently very active during sleep. It 'solves' things at a sub-conscious-unconscious deep level.

If you want to dig deeper, here's some possibilities. You take what you want, if anything, or form your own thoughts by stringing together events and emotions.

Oblivious, possibly too focused on something that you 'lose sight'.

Kiss? Passionate towards person.
    In McDonalds? Don't care about being judged. Maybe not oblivious but apathy for being judged. Perhaps ignorance. Perhaps indicates you're (relatively) poor? Maybe your diet is poor?

Red? Maybe there's something you're excited about or scared of. Maybe you're wanting to drown out the dregs of mundane routine and scenery, that you 'spice' it up a bit?

Shop? Were you looking for something red?

Eyes half-closed and similar dream? Maybe your eyes are actually open in your sleep and something's going on. Maybe not. Maybe you're just tired.

Hope that helps a bit. In any case, you can either be positive about your dreams or negative. I always be positive/constructive.

ReputationRep:
    It means you want to sleep with your mum.

Well that’s what Sigmund Freud said.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.