Turn on thread page Beta

Why do guys say the prefer girls with no makeup/natural beauty? watch

ReputationRep:
    I certainly agree that too much makeup can be a turnoff but a lot of guys say that I prefer a girl who is naturally beautiful, but they don't realise that that statement is the reason why some girls wear makeup. some of us don't look so great without makeup and so we put makeup on just to be able to compete with these "naturally beautiful" girls. If we don't, then guys will just pass us over, never look at us or consider us. Surely every girl deserves to feel attractive at least sometimes..

I get that sometimes it can be misleading, but doesn't every girl deserve to feel the one thing that people value the most in women, beauty.

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree that everyone deserves to feel beautiful and if wearing makeup does that for you then I support that. From my own experience it’s not makeup that’s the problem it’s too much makeup. From personal experience I’ve seen people who just completely transformed into a totally different looking person without makeup.
    I think another reason that guys like natural girls is that we don’t understand the fuss behind makeup. All the effort that goes into it just seems like so much effort 😂.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherchica)
    I certainly agree that too much makeup can be a turnoff but a lot of guys say that I prefer a girl who is naturally beautiful, but they don't realise that that statement is the reason why some girls wear makeup. some of us don't look so great without makeup and so we put makeup on just to be able to compete with these "naturally beautiful" girls. If we don't, then guys will just pass us over, never look at us or consider us. Surely every girl deserves to feel attractive at least sometimes..

I get that sometimes it can be misleading, but doesn't every girl deserve to feel the one thing that people value the most in women, beauty.
    I don't think that's true at all. You see all types of women that get in relationships that guys still seem to like.

ReputationRep:
    Deffo natural beauty
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Also, I think if any women wears makeup, it should be for herself and not trying to do it for guys.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm only speaking for myself but I prefer a "natural" look. That doesn't necessarily mean no makeup. When a lot of guys say they prefer natural looks over makeup they're probably comparing excessive amounts of makeup to little or no makeup. There's an obvious difference between someone who is wearing 20 different products on their face and someone who is just wearing a little makeup to cover up blemishes. When guys say the natural look or no makeup, many of them mean the latter.

I'd say many guys don't actually know what real natural (as in no makeup) looks like, they associate natural with the minimalist makeup that is just covering up "imperfections". When guys say they prefer a girl with no makeup, what they actually mean is they prefer a girl who isn't wearing excessive makeup. Or they prefer a girl who is wearing minimal makeup to look "naturally beautiful".

Personally, I don't care. I prefer the more natural look and love to date someone who was comfortable enough around me to not feel the need to wear makeup. But that's not a defining factor. Of course, those who wear excessive makeup (which I don't find attractive) are also more likely to have personality traits that aren't going to match what I'm interested in so really, it works out just fine. Women should be able to wear as much or as little makeup as they like without being judged but that doesn't mean male preferences will go away. We are still going to find some looks more attractive than others and that's fine. But in all honesty I've heard on numerous occasions that women wear makeup for other women. Because let's be honest, do you really think guys pay all that much attention to every little thing you've done? Do you ever really hear guys complimenting your mascara or your eyebrows?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.