Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For a while now I've thought that I might have depression, but was too scared to tell anyone. I've done all those quizzes and stuff and they all say I need to see a professional, but I'm scared that they'll just say I'm a 'moody teenager' or just lazy.A few days ago I told my parents about how I feel and they just said I was
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Poppy.Mae)
    For a while now I've thought that I might have depression, but was too scared to tell anyone. I've done all those quizzes and stuff and they all say I need to see a professional, but I'm scared that they'll just say I'm a 'moody teenager' or just lazy.A few days ago I told my parents about how I feel and they just said I was
    Childline if you want someone to talk to 0800 1111

or go and see your GP or nurse. They will take it seriously and if you are nervous then write it down how you are feeling and just hand it to them.

They dont judge you, but they do confirm and help guide you to the best treatment as a means to helping you cope and improve, which is what you want.

If you had a broken leg then you would get help and mental health is no different. You have to tell people for them to be able to help.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.