Turn on thread page Beta

Not happy with my life atm :( watch

Announcements

So recently I've felt like i'm not living life to the fullest or there's something holding me back from what i want to do with myself , and i'm pretty sure that thing holding me back is my parents

I want to sign up to the gym near are school so i can walk there everyday and workout for an hour because going to gym makes me happy and takes a load of stress of me , but then there's my parents who think tat gym is a waste of time and i should be focusing on my a-levels , which i am don't get me wrong , i definitely do care about them but i need time to take a break and go to something else

I'm also constantly despairing at the fact that i see all my friends got girlfriends or meeting people , and meanwhile i can't even get a girl to text me back , like i dont ****ing understand what is up with girls and what do i have to do from to respond to a measly ****ing text.

*takes a deep breath*

i need help plz , anyone got any tips here

bump

ReputationRep:
    Since no-one's answered this yet:

Go the gym. They can't stop you, and if it's what chills you out then go do that. Exercise is actually shown to support revision, so there's not really a downside.

As for girls... yeah, can't really comment on that one. If she isn't responding to your texts, it might be time to have a look somewhere else.

Good luck!

(Original post by BlameMichaelGove)
    Since no-one's answered this yet:

Go the gym. They can't stop you, and if it's what chills you out then go do that. Exercise is actually shown to support revision, so there's not really a downside.

As for girls... yeah, can't really comment on that one. If she isn't responding to your texts, it might be time to have a look somewhere else.

Good luck!
    hey thanks for replying , i did tell my parents that it does help with revision but that didn't matter , i also want to get a part time job so i can pay of a gym membership but my parents refuse to let me find my own of getting what i want , like it's just so unfair

ReputationRep:
    Not much people has replied because I assume the answer is quite obvious....which it sort of is.

Well, you have identified the problem: your parents. Clearly they are the ones that are the reason for some of your unhappiness. They are stopping you from going to gym, which makes you feel happy but in doing so you will feel unhappy. Like i said you have already identified the problem so the solution is blatantly obvious. Here are some solutions I have thought of in about a good 3 mins

1. Go have a serious talk with your parents. Show them your revision time table for A-level. Are you working? Show them evidence that you value A-level more than gym (or at least pretend to)
    2. Show scientific evidence that a break is needed. Or go make some up; that's what I did to go play football every weekend. Make a fake graph on Excel or something. I'm pretty sure there is a evidence for a break anyways so go provide it to them. If they discard it, then that shows there completely ignorant.
    3. **** your parents go gym. Probably the best option if you want to get disowned.
    4. Or don't ask them and go without them knowing. Very risky

As for girls, you either have a bad personality/confidence, you have a bad reputation, you have bad looks or all three. Maybe you're not as sociable/cool as you think you are or just generally lack charm. It could be the girls fault for not having any common interests with you but I doubt that as you have texted many girls and they haven't texted you back. Well, hitting gym may help with this, so theirs another reason. Oh and don't do something out of envy; it always results in unhappiness or no fulfilment/satisfaction. Just because your friends are getting girls don't mean you NEED to.

Let it go, go hit gym, go get buff and then go get them girls. Focus on A-levels, smash them, make money; just increases your chance for a better life and to get them 10/10's.

(Original post by mc_miah)
    Not much people has replied because I assume the answer is quite obvious....which it sort of is.

Well, you have identified the problem: your parents. Clearly they are the ones that are the reason for some of your unhappiness. They are stopping you from going to gym, which makes you feel happy but in doing so you will feel unhappy. Like i said you have already identified the problem so the solution is blatantly obvious. Here are some solutions I have thought of in about a good 3 mins

1. Go have a serious talk with your parents. Show them your revision time table for A-level. Are you working? Show them evidence that you value A-level more than gym (or at least pretend to)
    2. Show scientific evidence that a break is needed. Or go make some up; that's what I did to go play football every weekend. Make a fake graph on Excel or something. I'm pretty sure there is a evidence for a break anyways so go provide it to them. If they discard it, then that shows there completely ignorant.
    3. **** your parents go gym. Probably the best option if you want to get disowned.
    4. Or don't ask them and go without them knowing. Very risky

As for girls, you either have a bad personality/confidence, you have a bad reputation, you have bad looks or all three. Maybe you're not as sociable/cool as you think you are or just generally lack charm. It could be the girls fault for not having any common interests with you but I doubt that as you have texted many girls and they haven't texted you back. Well, hitting gym may help with this, so theirs another reason. Oh and don't do something out of envy; it always results in unhappiness or no fulfilment/satisfaction. Just because your friends are getting girls don't mean you NEED to. Let it go, go hit gym, go get buff and then go get them girls.
    yeh ok thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Find yourself a hobby that you really enjoy, apart from the gym. It really helps for me especially if I’m having a rubbish day to be able to look forward to doing something.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The obvious problem in your case is your parents, they are clearly not letting you do stuff, they probably think that since your're doing A-levels that taking part in any other activities will severely **** up your education which isn't true.

I'd say the only way to get through this is by showing your parents that you are really committed to wanting to go to the gym or getting a job, talk to them, even if it is only a few minutes but a more serious talk outlining what you want to do and show how you are getting on with your school work which eases the worry your parents may have for your education.

As for a job, look for one secretly at first just to get an idea, try making a cv and handing it out to retail stores asking them if they have any part-time jobs available, you could also go on job agencies such as indeed and look for jobs as well as their are a wider range of available jobs.

Ultimately, its just about being strong and showing your parents that you can be an independent person, if they are reluctant at first, prove to them that you aren't just a kid anymore.

(Original post by bluemuffin)
    Find yourself a hobby that you really enjoy, apart from the gym. It really helps for me especially if I’m having a rubbish day to be able to look forward to doing something.
    (Original post by Juvilation)
    The obvious problem in your case is your parents, they are clearly not letting you do stuff, they probably think that since your're doing A-levels that taking part in any other activities will severely **** up your education which isn't true.

I'd say the only way to get through this is by showing your parents that you are really committed to wanting to go to the gym or getting a job, talk to them, even if it is only a few minutes but a more serious talk outlining what you want to do and show how you are getting on with your school work which eases the worry your parents may have for your education.

As for a job, look for one secretly at first just to get an idea, try making a cv and handing it out to retail stores asking them if they have any part-time jobs available, you could also go on job agencies such as indeed and look for jobs as well as their are a wider range of available jobs.

Ultimately, its just about being strong and showing your parents that you can be an independent person, if they are reluctant at first, prove to them that you aren't just a kid anymore.
    yeh ok , i will do that , thanks guys

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.