Turn on thread page Beta

Government Economic Service summer 2018 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have my interview next week for GES summer internship 2018 wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? I have looked at the example maths and econ questions and they don't seem to bad but I'm worried about the interview!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Butchyboy)
    Hi, I have my interview next week for GES summer internship 2018 wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? I have looked at the example maths and econ questions and they don't seem to bad but I'm worried about the interview!
    I'll move this over to the Public Sector subforum :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have an interview too and i am very worried. The interview is 20-30 minutes long... what do we speak about for that long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aylin12344)
    Hi, i have an interview too and i am very worried. The interview is 20-30 minutes long... what do we speak about for that long
    I dont really know but i guess if there are two people asking questions then it'll go quicker. I expect they will ask something about economics to make you think on the spot maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Which department have you got an interview for?

I dont really know but i guess if there are two people asking questions then it'll go quicker. I expect they will ask something about economics to make you think on the spot maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Which department have you got an interview for?
    For the Treasury, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hahah same I have an interview for the Treasury too.

For the Treasury, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hahah same I have an interview for the Treasury too.
    This Wednesday? Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, good luck to you too. No mines on the 23rd is yours on Wednesday ?

This Wednesday? Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, good luck to you too. No mines on the 23rd is yours on Wednesday ?
    Oh that’s nice, you have a couple more weeks. Yeah mines this week, stressing out because I only found out less than a week ago!

ReputationRep:
    How are people revising for the economics part of it?

ReputationRep:
    How did your interview go? When do you find out whether you got the position?

Oh that’s nice, you have a couple more weeks. Yeah mines this week, stressing out because I only found out less than a week ago!

ReputationRep:
    Im not too sure, how are you thinking to revise?

(Original post by thahir97)
    How are people revising for the economics part of it?

ReputationRep:
    How did your interview go? When do you find out whether you got the position?
    Yeah it went alright, took about 2 hours in total but everyone was very nice. 1st or 2nd week of April, so quite a long wait

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it went alright, took about 2 hours in total but everyone was very nice. 1st or 2nd week of April, so quite a long wait
    I have an interview tomorrow at the Cabinet Office. Was it questions on externalities, public goods, inflation, exchange rates etc?
    Was there a verbal reasoning test too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Watson)
    I have an interview tomorrow at the Cabinet Office. Was it questions on externalities, public goods, inflation, exchange rates etc?
    Was there a verbal reasoning test too?
    Just questions on general economic theory, macro and micro. No verbal reasoning in mine. good luck

ReputationRep:
    Just questions on general economic theory, macro and micro. No verbal reasoning in mine. good luck
    Fab. Thanks and I hope you get the gig!!

ReputationRep:
    If I haven't got a reply by now, does it mean rejection or does each department have different sifting timings? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistry17)
    If I haven't got a reply by now, does it mean rejection or does each department have different sifting timings? Thanks
    I had an interview at HM Treasury two years ago and didn't get the job (interview was a mare). But they got back to me and said I hadn't got it but they provided feedback as to where I'd gone wrong. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Watson)
    I had an interview at HM Treasury two years ago and didn't get the job (interview was a mare). But they got back to me and said I hadn't got it but they provided feedback as to where I'd gone wrong. Hope this helps.
    Oh sorry, I meant as in from the initial application. Submitted in Feb and haven't heard anything at all yet.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.