Turn on thread page Beta

Clubs outside of school watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering what kinds of things people are doing out of school. Especially if you're doing your GCSEs or A-Levels at the moment because I'm kind of stuck on what to do...

I'm in year 11 and I do a fair bit of martial arts every week - Brazilian Jiujitsu and Muay Thai, anyone else do those or other martial arts?
    I do: 2 hours of BJJ on Tuesday, 1 hour of MT on Thursday, 2 hours of BJJ on Friday, 1 hour of BJJ on Saturday and during holidays, I do another hour of MT on Monday.
    I'm competing in the junior nationals competition so I'm definitely going to keep it all going until then but should I begin to cut it down slightly after that as we move further into exam season.

I love it so much and I've noticed I get less stressed with exams/revision when I've done MT/BJJ but it occupies a lot of my time that I could be spending on revision.

Any thoughts or your experiences with this kinda thing?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by xWillow1)
    I was wondering what kinds of things people are doing out of school. Especially if you're doing your GCSEs or A-Levels at the moment because I'm kind of stuck on what to do...

I'm in year 11 and I do a fair bit of martial arts every week - Brazilian Jiujitsu and Muay Thai, anyone else do those or other martial arts?
    I do: 2 hours of BJJ on Tuesday, 1 hour of MT on Thursday, 2 hours of BJJ on Friday, 1 hour of BJJ on Saturday and during holidays, I do another hour of MT on Monday.
    I'm competing in the junior nationals competition so I'm definitely going to keep it all going until then but should I begin to cut it down slightly after that as we move further into exam season.

I love it so much and I've noticed I get less stressed with exams/revision when I've done MT/BJJ but it occupies a lot of my time that I could be spending on revision.

Any thoughts or your experiences with this kinda thing?
    It's 6 hours a week. As a uni student I study a few hours a day with breaks in between and it's no problem - you just have to treat those hours as breaks, after all you find it relaxing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    It's 6 hours a week. As a uni student I study a few hours a day with breaks in between and it's no problem - you just have to treat those hours as breaks, after all you find it relaxing.
    Yeah I thought that but it's taking up a lot of my study time, I'm in school until 16:30 everyday and then I go straight to my sports classes. I usually end up with an hour or not even that in the evening to do loads of homework as well as revising for upcoming exams then I still need to get enough sleep.
    I don't want it to take a toll on my grades because currently I'm getting 7s-9s.

ReputationRep:
    HAMC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    HAMC
    Huh?

ReputationRep:
    Huh?
    Big club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Big club.
    Oh, so you're in that big motorcycle club? I searched the acronym and wasn't sure if that's what you meant or not.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, so you're in that big motorcycle club? I searched the acronym and wasn't sure if that's what you meant or not.
    No, just floating suggestions :laugh:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.