Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just wondering who else got accepted onto the Target Oxbridge Programme and is going to the Welcome Event in a couple of weeks? Also if you did, what are you studying and what do you want to study?

I take A-Levels in Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Government and Politics and I would like to study Natural Sciences at Cambridge (although my grades are looking a bit questionable at the moment).

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Didn’t see you had already made a thread lmao...

I’m doing Bio, Chem and French atm and I want to study Medicine at Oxford - and same with grades, Chemistry is not my strong suit right now...

When is the Welcome Event?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tolulah)
    Hello! Didn’t see you had already made a thread lmao...

I’m doing Bio, Chem and French atm and I want to study Medicine at Oxford - and same with grades, Chemistry is not my strong suit right now...

When is the Welcome Event?
    yea chem is honestly mad at the moment, and maths is unbelievable haha. the welcome event is on Sat 24th March x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaliyahrenee)
    yea chem is honestly mad at the moment, and maths is unbelievable haha. the welcome event is on Sat 24th March x
    ah okay! I don’t think im welcome event since i live 2 hrs from london, but it sounds good!! yes chem was so much easier at gcse - i had to drop maths earlier in the year (i was doing 4) as i had so much going on!

did you put cambridge as your preference for the residential then? X
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    ah okay! I don’t think im welcome event since i live 2 hrs from london, but it sounds good!! yes chem was so much easier at gcse - i had to drop maths earlier in the year (i was doing 4) as i had so much going on!

did you put cambridge as your preference for the residential then? X
    Yeah, but I put that I'd be open to go to both. I've been to both Oxford and Cambridge once each but I'm going next Tuesday for a chemistry study day and I'm doing a UNIQ residential in summer at Oxford, I wanted the chance to stay at Cambridge too x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but I put that I'd be open to go to both. I've been to both Oxford and Cambridge once each but I'm going next Tuesday for a chemistry study day and I'm doing a UNIQ residential in summer at Oxford, I wanted the chance to stay at Cambridge too x
    Same! And wow, that’s so exciting!! I really wanted to apply to UNIQ, but it clashed with my biology fieldtrip which i couldn’t really change i went to a summer school at Cambridge in Year 11 (but for humanities), so I have been there at least once!

I’ve also applied for summer schools at Lancaster (got in!), Nottingham and Bristol (sutton trust) x

Also where are ALL THE OTHER TARGET OXBRIDGERS

ReputationRep:
    Same! And wow, that’s so exciting!! I really wanted to apply to UNIQ, but it clashed with my biology fieldtrip which i couldn’t really change i went to a summer school at Cambridge in Year 11 (but for humanities), so I have been there at least once!

I’ve also applied for summer schools at Lancaster (got in!), Nottingham and Bristol (sutton trust) x

Also where are ALL THE OTHER TARGET OXBRIDGERS
    Ah nice, I applied for sutton trust too for chemistry at Cambridge
    And yeah, I don't know anyone else who got in, and now I've realised that it's going to be people from all over the country lol. I'm excited for the welcome event in a couple of weeks though, have you scheduled your one on one yet?

ReputationRep:
    Ah nice, I applied for sutton trust too for chemistry at Cambridge
    And yeah, I don't know anyone else who got in, and now I've realised that it's going to be people from all over the country lol. I'm excited for the welcome event in a couple of weeks though, have you scheduled your one on one yet?
    Yes I have!! Mine is with Naomi, the week after the Oxford/Cambridge residentials?? What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have!! Mine is with Naomi, the week after the Oxford/Cambridge residentials?? What about you?
    Mine is with Will on the 29th of March, I wanted to pick Naomi but there weren't any good times with her's😭 is yours in Canary wharf as well, or nearer to where you live?

ReputationRep:
    Ikr, I went a for a later time so I could get her - mine’s a skype interview as I don’t live in London! I originally thought they would do meetings in Oxford also, but oh well!

ReputationRep:
    Ikr, I went a for a later time so I could get her - mine’s a skype interview as I don’t live in London! I originally thought they would do meetings in Oxford also, but oh well!
    did you just get the email about the easter residential? I'm going on the Cambridge one

ReputationRep:
    did you just get the email about the easter residential? I'm going on the Cambridge one
    yes!! Im going to Oxford lol - very excited!

ReputationRep:
    yes!! Im going to Oxford lol - very excited!
    ahhh have fun, I was at oxford today for a chemistry study day and it lowkey made me want to study chem at oxford, im so torn!

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,

I take Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Computer Science, and want to take Computer Science at either Oxford or Cambridge. I’m very excited for the Welcome Event.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreshhPrince04)
    Hello guys,

I take Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Computer Science, and want to take Computer Science at either Oxford or Cambridge. I’m very excited for the Welcome Event.
    Hi and welcome! Do you know which Oxbridge residential you are going to in Easter yet??

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreshhPrince04)
    Cambridge, what about you?
    hi, i'll be at the welcome event and i'm going to the cambridge residential too, are you a Londoner as well?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not, I’m from Luton, not too far from London. The town with the airport lol.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.