Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m really worried about opening the paper and not being able to remember any relevant quotes for paper 1. What happens if I can’t remember any? Can you still get a a grade for an essay without quotes or...what would happen?
    Someone please give me good way of remembering quotes! I’m doing macbeth Jekyll and Hyde and an inspector calls
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by rainbowcat1437)
    I’m really worried about opening the paper and not being able to remember any relevant quotes for paper 1. What happens if I can’t remember any? Can you still get a a grade for an essay without quotes or...what would happen?
    Someone please give me good way of remembering quotes! I’m doing macbeth Jekyll and Hyde and an inspector calls
    Pick key quotes that are really memorable. In your preparation you will be writing mock answers to essays, so you will remember the quote if you've written about it and analysed it.

Even remembering day, 10 quotes, and then each day writing them down on a piece of paper until you remember all 10 would work.

ReputationRep:
    Try writing them down on Revision Cards and just read it even though you're not paying attention to what your reading, it will eventually be stored in your brain with time. Don't stress about it. Just keep practising even with the help of friends it will benefit you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I did both Macbeth and An Inspector Calls last year and managed to get two 9's in English. I recently made a thread on the technique I used to study, the methods I used for the plans I made for AIC were really useful as it helped me to remember the quotes, as well as how to integrate it within my essay. I have pictures and tips, feel free to check the thread out.
    heres the link
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5208682
    hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    "Memory is the diary we all carry with us" - Oscar Wilde

...At least, I think that was it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnathan94)
    "Memory is the diary we all carry with us" - Oscar Wilde

...At least, I think that was it.
    Too bad I can’t bring the diary into the exam😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CinnamonSmol)
    Hi, I did both Macbeth and An Inspector Calls last year and managed to get two 9's in English. I recently made a thread on the technique I used to study, the methods I used for the plans I made for AIC were really useful as it helped me to remember the quotes, as well as how to integrate it within my essay. I have pictures and tips, feel free to check the thread out.
    heres the link
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5208682
    hope I helped
    Well done on your grades! And thanks for the link

ReputationRep:
    Too bad I can’t bring the diary into the exam😂
    I did an English Lit degree originally and I found that writing them on flashcards/reciting them out loud was pretty helpful. Thankfully I had some very patient friends so they were even willing to make a bit of a game out of it with me - I would randomly ask them what a particular line was and they would do it back sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnathan94)
    I did an English Lit degree originally and I found that writing them on flashcards/reciting them out loud was pretty helpful. Thankfully I had some very patient friends so they were even willing to make a bit of a game out of it with me - I would randomly ask them what a particular line was and they would do it back sometimes.
    I find listening to audio books helps a little to learn new quotes but I will defo try out flash cards

ReputationRep:
    I find listening to audio books helps a little to learn new quotes but I will defo try out flash cards
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Well done on your grades! And thanks for the link
    aw thank you -and no worries, I hope I helped

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.