Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I start year 11 September of this year and during that period my mum and dad will be getting ready to move they don’t want it to be stressful so they want to move in the January month or so away from my exams obviously I can’t move schools as it’s so close to my gcse my mum is hoping the school will let me take an early study leave would this be possible Does anyone know?

    If you're talking about the school letting you start study leave in January, that's almost certainly impossible. You won't have finished any of your courses in January, and missing more than a week or two of school will put you at a severe disadvantage as there will be a lot of stuff you won't have been taught in your exams.

    The best thing to do is talk to your school as early as possible (now) as they will be able to advise what they think is the best plan.

    Good luck
    • Thread Starter

    Thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.