Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

business studies a level watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone, i am starting a GYG blog on the student room. I am a very capable business student currently working at a level standard but hoping to study it at uni. I have been getting A*'s consistently and would love to help others achieve this grade. I will be posting weekly revision and exam tips and if you have any personal business studies questions such as how to tackle a certain question I will provide you with the knowledge and a perfect answer. ask away!!!

ReputationRep:
    Do you do you recommend any specific revision tips for business studies?

I’m perfectly fine with my revision for everything else except business. I know all the knowledge that I have to know but I just don’t know how to apply it or how to properly structure an accounting essay. Can you please answer me the following questions :
    1) what are some key tips on revising business, given that I know all of the key knowledge?
    2) how should I approach a question and what is the best way to lay out an essay and what should I include?
    3) what else should I be aware of when reivising for business studies ?
    4) what things are essential/vital for me to know and have before sitting the A-level exams?

Thank you, please respond as fast as you can.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thanks for starting this thread. I wanted to know how to better embed business models and theories into my answer. There are just so many that we need to know with AQA that I have so much trouble thinking of an appropriate one to use whilst in the exam.
    Also, I sometimes have trouble thinking of relevant points to make. For example, with the question: "To what extent does the culture of a business determine its ability to maintain competitiveness?", not much would immediately come to mind. Maybe I could link it to Hofstede and say that a firm with a low power distance would be flexible?

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.