Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

what makes you guys so obsessed with studying? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what is the point of studying for you ?I am so lost now...

ReputationRep:
    Well I would assume you would study something you enjoy and are interested in and want a career in. Some people are primarily motivated by the financial rewards of studying and training hard for years for a good career e.g. I know many people who wanted to be doctors literally just because of the money, and for a few of them that was enough for them to put there heads down and work hard to get there. But most of them did just okay at A-level and I guess weren't cut out for it, but it also shows that money alone is not always the only or primary motivator. I am also in your position lol, I am lost. I am studying Business Law at uni, but I never wanted to go to uni, but was heavily pressured into it by my family, and because of my poor A-levels i didnt get much choice on unis, which ultimately reduced my course selection. Almost finished my second year now, and i think i know what i would be interested in studying: film, animation and game development. However, I want to study them for the skillz and because I like being creative, not because I want a career in those fields. I want to be in the royal marines and later the SAS, and a personal trainer and bodybuilder. So what I'm trying to say is ... I don't have a f*cking clue what im saying or doing, I'm studying just about enough to get a good degree to please my parents lol :danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    1. Get a degree that you are actually interested in

2. Be motivated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deycallmesmithy)
    Well I would assume you would study something you enjoy and are interested in and want a career in. Some people are primarily motivated by the financial rewards of studying and training hard for years for a good career e.g. I know many people who wanted to be doctors literally just because of the money, and for a few of them that was enough for them to put there heads down and work hard to get there. But most of them did just okay at A-level and I guess weren't cut out for it, but it also shows that money alone is not always the only or primary motivator. I am also in your position lol, I am lost. I am studying Business Law at uni, but I never wanted to go to uni, but was heavily pressured into it by my family, and because of my poor A-levels i didnt get much choice on unis, which ultimately reduced my course selection. Almost finished my second year now, and i think i know what i would be interested in studying: film, animation and game development. However, I want to study them for the skillz and because I like being creative, not because I want a career in those fields. I want to be in the royal marines and later the SAS, and a personal trainer and bodybuilder. So what I'm trying to say is ... I don't have a f*cking clue what im saying or doing, I'm studying just about enough to get a good degree to please my parents lol :danceboy:
    yes,sometimes I study because I want to .but now good grades and further career seem vital,which makes everyone so aggressive.I hate to be a utilitarian

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.