Turn on thread page Beta

Which uni is better for theatre postgraduate course: Edinburgh or Glasgow? watch

• View Poll Results: Which university is better for theatre MA program?
    University of Edinburgh
    0%
    University of Glasgow
    100.00%

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for few postgraduate courses in theatre subject and now I don't know which one to go.

I know that drama schools involves more practices and might be better for searching for theatre jobs after graduation, but due to personal concerns I have decided to go for MA program instead.

For now, my top choices are University of Edinburgh and University of Glasgow. London would be too expensive and these two cities are full of diverse cultures and job opportunities in theatre field (please correct me if I'm wrong; it's just my personal feeling). (I've also gotten offers of MA program regarding theatre from University of Exeter, University of York, and University of Sheffield.)

For UoE, the course Theatre and Performance Studies includes useful foundation and knowledge of theatre that can later be applied in real theatre production (my opinion after reading the course syllabus), and in the second semester, there will be a work placement optional course that allows you to find your internship. Also, the reputation of UoE is superb and the environment seems to be suitable for finding a related job and internship, as there is Fringe and other festivals happening in the Edinburgh city.

As for UofG, the course Theatre and Performance Practices seems to have more practical participations, which might be helpful for later looking for internship opportunity that is included in the program as well. Also, some websites state that UofG has higher student satisfaction in arts field.

I'm stuck in the dilemma at the moment and really wish to receive opinions from people who actually know how the theatre industry in the U.K. is like to give me advice on which one could possibly be the better option, as my goal after MA is to seek job in the theatre industry in the U.K.

I haven't had a chance to know more about the theatre industry in the U.K. so I really need some suggestions as both unis and courses look amazing to me. I want to choose the one that's going to help me in my future career in theatre industry. Thanks!!! <3

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.