Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I bought a new laptop two days ago and had it installed at the shop but they put a new one online just now which is the same one nut more memory so can i exchange it and pay the difference but ive used it ?

ReputationRep:
    Unlikely unfortunately, an extract from the Currys return policy is:
    "An unwanted product can be returned for a full refund within 21 days of delivery as long as it’s still in its original, unopened packaging. This returns policy for unopened goods is in addition to your statutory rights and applies to purchases made in store, online or over the phone. "
    I would imagine most tech retailers are similar, have you considered just upgrading the memory yourself?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by JaguarLover101)
    "An unwanted product can be returned for a full refund within 21 days of delivery as long as it’s still in its original, unopened packaging. This returns policy for unopened goods is in addition to your statutory rights and applies to purchases made in store, online or over the phone. "
    I would imagine most tech retailers are similar, have you considered just upgrading the memory yourself?
    Am I missing where they say they bought it from Currys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Am I missing where they say they bought it from Currys?
    "I would imagine most tech retailers are similar"
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    "I would imagine most tech retailers are similar"
    OP needs to provide the details and then I can say.

There is a difference between statutory rights and the shops own policy. Some shops are more generous than others.

If there is nothing wrong with the item, then he is on the backfoot already. but they could have a price promise or a money back guarantee, but tou cant say without further info.

ReputationRep:
    I did buy it from currys

ReputationRep:
    How do i do that?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Pisces42)
    I bought a new laptop two days ago and had it installed at the shop but they put a new one online just now which is the same one nut more memory so can i exchange it and pay the difference but ive used it ?
    No harm in trying. Pack it up nicely, grab the receipt, go in and see what they can do. Odds aren't terribly in you favour, but you'll never know unless you try. Being nice can get you a long way so stay friendly and they might work something out for you.
    If not, you're no worse off after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pisces42)
    How do i do that?
    Like Kindred said, restore it to factory settings if you want to give it a go at returning it, if they won't have it, then you can try to do it yourself, which laptop did you buy and what is the one with the higher memory?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.